Quantcast

Diablo on gaming consoles isn't the same as PC version!

Discussion in 'Diablo' started by dieselfit, Dec 15, 2013.

1. dieselfit

dieselfit Active Member

I honestly have never enjoyed a MMO on a gaming console as much as I have on a PC. It's not the same without the mouse. That being said, I would much prefer to play Diablo on the computer, wouldn't you? Or are you with the gaming consoles?

2. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I would agree RPG's may be fine, but I think MMO's would feel awkward in my opinion, but then again I have not owned a console since the PS2.

3. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

Have you tried Diablo 3 on consoles? It's heaps better than the PC version, the sticks are perfect for movements. The best is the drop rate is so much better without the auction house. I played it on PC first but the console version work so much better even though the graphics are not as good.

4. lord1027

lord1027 Well-Known Member

To be honest, I hate playing games on Console. But I loved some games so much that I had to get a PS3 (Red Dead Redemption) is what convinced me. Diablo on console sucks (if you ask me), while the PC version rullz! It has been one of my favourite games over the years (from I to III), and I wouldn't ever play it on a console.

5. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I only buy console games if they are exclusive to the console and have little to no chance of a PC port. Most final fantasy games, kingdom hearts and so on. The PC platform is so much more flexible and you can use a controller (or not!) with any game so you are never uncomfortable while playing.

6. jbepp

jbepp Well-Known Member

At first i thought that Diablo 3 for the consoles was a terrible idea, mainly because I had no idea how were they going to handle the controls. But it was actually a really well done port, and the controls feel awesome.
    I still prefer PC gaming though.

7. rosacrux

rosacrux Well-Known Member

Any Diablo game must be played in a PC, it is part of its essence. I got Diablo 3 for Play Station 3 and while it was OK and I felt comfortable with the controls, it was not the same experience.

8. heyhowareyou

heyhowareyou Well-Known Member

They changed up certain things about the game to make it more suitable for console. It works pretty well, they even give you a roll-dodge to help you evade enemies. My only issues is that you can't target specific enemies quite as fast and accurately as you could with a mouse. But the AI is adjusted to account for this.

9. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Man, I agree that games like Diablo play much better on PC with KB&M but I just wish I could play them comfortably while laying on my bed without like... a laptop or something.

10. 4justice

4justice Well-Known Member

To be fair, it's not as if Diablo was always PC only anyway. I still have the Playstation 1 disc of the original Diablo.

And as I said in a prior post, Diablo 3 turned out to be a better game on the home systems than the computer version. And that's mainly because of Blizzard's treating the computer version as if it was a beta rather than an actual full game.

11. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

I guess it all has to do with preference. I, for example, would naturally prefer most games played on a PC or a laptop since most my life, the PC was my main gaming medium.

Most games that are released on both PC and consoles have significant differences. In the case of Diablo 3, its no surprise since its the console version was released a year and a half after the PC version.

12. averycagle9595

averycagle9595 Active Member

I prefer Diablo on the PC of course, but I've got Diablo 3 for the 360 and I like it just fine.

13. AlecD

AlecD Well-Known Member

The idea of playing on a console is nice and all sure, but the practicality just isn't there imo. Too many hotkeys that are helpful are only available on PC. So yeah, i'll have to side with you on this one and say that PC Diablo is the better choice here.

14. KKrage

KKrage Well-Known Member

Yeah, MMOs on gaming consoles aren't really good, it's quite hard to chat and stuff, where on a PC it's way better because you have a keyboard to type.

15. Lucky120

Lucky120 Well-Known Member Regular

Well it all goes down to what you like. I actually like it on the console and the controls. I thought that it would be just a PC game myself until I started playing yesterday. I love Diablo on the console and yeah later I may get it for PC as well. I mean it all depends on what you would like.

16. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member Regular

I haven't tried Diablo on the consoles but I've heard plenty of good things.
    It will never be as good as on the PC, but it seems like it's a decent experience.

17. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member Regular

I play MMO games only with computer and other kinds of games such as racing and war based games in a console.

18. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

It's not the same, but I'm quite the opposite. Diablo just feels like a weird game to play to me if there isn't a Playstation controller in my hand of some kind or other. I can play it with a mouse, but I'd prefer not to if I don't have to.

19. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

I've heard that Diablo on console is pretty different than on PC. It probably is simplified to hell, so that it works with the controllers. A friend of mine (who is an Xbox gamer) has it, so I might give it a try next time I go to his place.

20. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member Regular

Diablo 3 on console has a more arcade-y feel to it. That aside it's still great fun online and offline. I just wish the pc version would've had an offline mode for those of us who have to travel alot.