Diable 3 for consoles

Discussion in 'Diablo' started by Brem, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Brem

Brem Active Member

So I've played some Diable 3 on the PC but I really am interested in seeing how good or bad it'll be on consoles. I just have a feeling it's not going to be as good as the pc counterpart. The 360 and PS3 (is it coming for the PS3? I don't remember for sure if it is) are a bit iffy for me when it comes to Diablo 3, but I think I'll consider checking it out to see how it plays on the 360.

I imagine it'll be much better on the Xbone and PS4. I really hope they allow for USB keyboards and mice to play it.

So who here is getting it on one of the consoles?

2. lana

lana Member

i think i saw that it is coming out on the PS3. i'm getting it for the 360.

3. rage89

rage89 Member

Yeah I have this gut feeling that it's going to be a slow mess. I like me some Diablo, but I'm just not so sure it's going to run so fast, especially since both the PS3 and 360 have 512mb of ram. I'm sure that may be enough to run the game, but I'll be expecting to see slow downs a lot.

4. JimmyBean

JimmyBean Member

I think that games like Diablo and Dungeon Siege are best left to the PC. I just don't think the feeling would be right on the consoles. I don't know, I could be totally wrong, and it could be amazing.

5. JoshSmith100

JoshSmith100 Active Member
    Regular

Diablo 3 will be coming out on the PS3 and I think its not a good idea to have the Diablo series on consoles. These types of games should just stick on the computer, where they succeed greatly. The only reason Diablo is being brought on a console is out of pure greed.

6. Dusty

Dusty Member

I agree that the game is best suited for a PC (IMO), but I could be interested in a porting for PS3

7. BattleAxe

BattleAxe Well-Known Member

I think it's more suited to the PC's control. Whether you will enjoy the adaption to console will depend how often you use your PC in comparison to console. I use console for a lot of RPG's, so I find the transition easier.

8. SwordHungry

SwordHungry Well-Known Member

Sure, the company want money but it's a bit harsh saying it's all for greed really. I'm sure there is a market on it on PS3 and I'm sure there are a lot of console lovers that would love to see this game adapted.

9. Hook&Anchor

Hook&Anchor Active Member

We've seen it time and time again. Going from PC to PS3 isnt that hard. The fact of the matter though is that 3 isn't that great. Keep playing 2 for the time being

10. nimrodel

nimrodel Member

Console upgrades or new versions always mess up games imho. MMO's should stick to PCs online where they have natural meeting place for users.

11. Smokey

Smokey Revillution.net C.E.O.
    Regular

I'm not sure how well D3 would be on a PS3 or PS4 to be honest. I just recently got it for my PC and i'm having a blast with it, when I have time to log in and play it that is. That being said, I agree with what some people said already, it doesn't feel like a game that belongs on consoles to be honest. They tried putting Diablo on consoles in the past and released the original Diablo on the first Playstation and it just didn't work out well at all......I have a feeling Diablo 3 on consoles will suffer the same fate (and shortcomings) that the first one did on PS1 back in the day.

12. Annetteb

Annetteb Member

I would much rather play it on the PC. I don't think that the consoles will do a good job on this. Well maybe PS3 will do ok, but I will not hold my breath on xbox though. I only have it on my PC and I will be getting the expansion pack on PC.

13. KitBrit

KitBrit Member

I've played it on XBOX but not the computer. I think it plays fine. If you like the game in general, I honestly don't see why you wouldn't like it on console. My only complaint about the game has nothing to do with the platform, I just hate how the story isn't involving. I just rush through and don't even listen, so its gets kind of boring and repetitive at times.

Shimus likes this.
  14. Robert89

Robert89 Member

Are there seasons on the consoles? For me, seasons are by far the best feature added in RoS, and I couldn't really enjoy the game without them. So I won't be getting Diablo 3 for my PS4 unless they implement them at some point.

15. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Same could be said of any game, though. It always gets repetitive if you do the same stuff over and over again. However, I liked the story telling, the different things NPCs would say if you just idle'd by them and various other pieces of lore. I found no difference except Reaper of Souls kicked the original versions ass in terms of rebuilding the game and adding new elements. They kept the story/lore/campaign the same but added so much more in RoS. I love it. Still do.

And it was on sale for 20 bucks too. Hell of a steal.

16. gadin210

gadin210 Well-Known Member

I have the diablo 3 game for my xbox one. I loved that game, Ive played through it three times now.

17. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Even the expansion (reaper of souls) was a nice campaign add on with one extra Act and tons of addons/redone bits. It felt like a proper port after the expansion. And it was on sale for 20 bucks? Not a bad deal by any stretch for no monthly sub for an awesome game.

18. lgdg090596

lgdg090596 Well-Known Member

I have it for PS3. I had so much fun playing it. :D