Destroyable Environments

Discussion in 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' started by kingcool52, Aug 14, 2017.

1. kingcool52

kingcool52 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Battlefield is probably the most well-known game to have destroyable environments when you are fighting off enemies. Do you think PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds players would enjoy destroyable environments? By that, I mean that you could use explosives or vehicles to destroy the buildings around you. It would definitely make campers rethink their strategies because you could just destroy the building and the campers would be buried and dead. Would it be something the developers think about to add?

2. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

I for one definitely would be choosing the destroy-able objects around. I love that in GTA too. So I'd not mind if I can get that Honestly it looks like good option to have. I am sure developers can think of more scenarios here. I think such type of the options offer more control for the gamers. And that makes game more popular.

3. kingcool52

kingcool52 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Grand Theft Auto is probably not the best game to use as an example to be honest. It can't really be considered a game that has a destroyable environment, the only things that can be are a few post boxes, fire hydrants and light poles. It would be great to allow the players to have more control of the game. Like you said, it would make them enjoy it more and it could bring in more players.

4. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree that there are probably some better options out there in terms of amounts to destroy, but you can still get some good work done with GTA, and some notable buildings too, which are my favorite.

5. overcast

Regular

Agree. I was just making the comparison in terms of breaking objects. I'd say on that point it's reasonable to see how the game progresses. I am guessing that the developers may need something like that to bring in more interest in game. But yeah in either case it'd be fun to add more destroy-able environment. That's what I think as well.

6. KloeRinz

KloeRinz Active Member
    Regular

To be fair, Battlefield also had destroyable environments. Which was its appeal for me back then. Although, PUB has a more enjoyable gameplay for me. It's not as graphics-heavy as BF either.

7. overcast

Regular

Yes on the comparison with the Battlefield, I'd say PUBG has the better graphics. Also not much heavy. The rendering engine is smooth on normal CPU. But still both of them may require modern PCs and need some decent RAM to begin with.

8. Meeseeks

Meeseeks Member
    Regular

God, yes. Would love to start busting up walls with a shotgun.

9. KloeRinz

KloeRinz Active Member
    Regular

It's like in Battlefield 3 where I get to bust places with USAS. Explosive ammo would freak the hell out of opponents. Well, good times good times.

10. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Few things are more intimidating than explosive ammo. I kind of wish that this was featured in more and more games.

11. KloeRinz

KloeRinz Active Member
    Regular

Nothing can beat semi-automatic shotgun with explosive ammo. Well, I guess one could be more inventive though. Then again, think of game balance.

12. overcast

Regular

Explosive ammo is the reason PUBG is popular among the people. I think for each one of us the weapons could be different. But we all love environment that we can destroy easily. I kind of like this sort of setup to be honest. I think for each one of us such setup can be good enough to have time pass busting things all over.

13. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Well-Known Member
    Regular

Exactly. We all love environment that we can destroy easily, I think.

14. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Well-Known Member
    Regular

I really agree on this.

15. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

To what exactly? it seems rather plain

16. Writeratyourservice

Writeratyourservice Well-Known Member
    Regular

Maybe the explosive ammo one. And the environment itself.

17. EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't know if Unreal Engine supports destroyable buildings and other environmental assets like Battlefield's Frostbite engine. But I think they should focus more on the glitches of the present version if it is possible to add destroyable assets. There are far more issues that need to be solved before adding new features. I'm sure if they add this feature, there will be even more chaos or glitches.

18. xyrene

xyrene Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think it's possible, but it depends on the player's feedback, I guess.

19. overcast

Regular

These days most of the battle royale games have it. So not sure how the people tend to react to this. Open world and survival games have such as a feature.

20. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Well-Known Member
    Regular

I see.