Delete Please!

Discussion in 'Overwatch (MOBA)' started by MangoPeels, May 12, 2016.

1. MangoPeels

MangoPeels New Member

<meta name="robots" content="noindex">

#1 MangoPeels, May 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  2. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

The game is not P2W and it doesn´t need to be because it is $40. You can´t even play if you don´t pay. The gameplay is much different than a MOBA such as LOL or Heroes of the Storm. If you want to try the gameplay for free, try to find a version of Team Fortress 2, which is almost free at this point. Overwatch is mostly just a reskin of TF2.

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's very well made and it's worth the money and it doesn't seem like it's pay to win because everything seems balanced enough so far so probably anything additional they will ask money for in the future will be purely cosmetic. I agree that you can just check out tf2 because they are very similar.

4. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

There's microtransactions in the form of lootboxes, although they are purely cosmetic.

5. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think the biggest con I can see is the lack of game modes and maps in the game. I'm definitely getting it and I had a blast with what is there, but I really hope they expand the game a lot with the coming patches they promised.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Cons is probably that the game is going to struggle at the start, especially since you have to pay a hefty fee to play. After a year the game should be stabilized enough though, after all it's run by Blizzard.

7. Seopril

Seopril Member
    Regular

The biggest pro I see for the game is that the game length is shorter than the average moba. To me, this makes it so much easier for a casual gamer to get into. It also fits the FPS style of the game moreso than a long drawn out game mode. Right now, the biggest con would be the price since a lot of people are on the fence on whether or not to buy it. I'm personally waiting a bit, and I know most of my friends are too in hopes that the game drops in price within the next 6 months or so.

8. nuekboi

nuekboi Member
    Regular

Pros: There is absolutely zero P2W in this game. Everything you will need to gain an edge over your opponents comes in the box and all future maps and heroes will be free, as promised by Blizzard. The game length is also much shorter (5-10 mins) so you don't need to commit so much of your day to one match, and if one match is a horrible experience, its over quickly.

Cons: There is certainly a lack of game-modes as of currently. I don't mind it because I'm having an absolute blast but it can be a turn-off for some people. The game is also heavily team-based with plenty of hard hero counters so if you're looking to carry and dominate matches it might not be your pick

9. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

Pro: Everything basically. It's one of the best multiplayer experience I've ever had.

Cons: It's a team based game. If even one or two of your teammates pick the wrong character, won't change it when it's needed or doesn't help your other teammates, you're going to lose 100%. It's not a bad thing per se but if you don't like what I just described then this game isn't for you.

10. Foub

Foub Member
    Regular

The game is not pay to win thankfully. I've played in most of the betas and the game got stale for me.

Pros: Unique heroes, each having a completely different playstyle. Nice art style and voice acting.

Cons: Ultimate abilities are too strong and often a teamfight is determined by which team has the most ultimates. The game lacks depth and it gets boring fast

11. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member
    Regular

The biggest con is definitely the newness...no room to really figure out where the game is going yet, so much going on and being discovered so quickly...fun though :D! That's the biggest pro for sure.

12. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree. Usually games like this really start to shine after a year or so when they have had time to add everything that needs to be added and they iron out all the kinks. I myself am looking forward to more characters and I know that takes time to build up.