Quantcast

Day-To-Night Cycle Could Come To Civilization

Discussion in 'Civilization VI' started by Todd Black, May 26, 2016.

1. prabab

prabab Well-Known Member Regular

Even some small yet logical additions like limiting unit's range of view when it's dark (with exceptions) would immediately make the game more immersive in my opinion.

I would rather wait until the day/night cycle has some meaning and influences the game play rather than have it there just for aesthetic reasons, else it would simply feel like a wasted opportunity to introduce some interesting new mechanics.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

Civilization would benefit from a day-to-night cycle. You'll have to adapt your strategy because ambushing someone at night can be really risky and you can fall in a trap, it would add more depth to the game on top of being more realistic. We'll have to see.

3. TangPau

TangPau Member

I think a day and night cycle would be an interesting addition to the game but I am not sure if it works in spirit because each Civ turn is suppose to represent years not days. I agree it would add to the game because you would have to adjust your strategy depending on if you are attacking/defending in the day or night. I think you would have to add some sort of sleep cycle so you do not have soldiers that have been up all night. But then that would add another stat to units and may get too much to deal with late game, so though it sounds good in theory I think the implementation would fail and I am not sure if it stays in theme for this kind of game.

4. matchv

matchv Well-Known Member Regular

They are going to include much more features than you think. They are one of the best gaming developers on this planet. I hope they would include more features in this game.

5. matchv

matchv Well-Known Member Regular

Yeah, you are right. It will make the game more fun to play. I really want these features as soon as possible because the niche of the game is really amazing and I love it.

6. Siraphine

Siraphine New Member

This would be a really cool addition, I think.
    It'd definitely add a lot more to the immersion of the game; though, I'm not sure what effects it would have on the mechanics of the game, as Civ played on a day-to-day rather than year-to-year basis would take an ungodly amount of time. It would probably just be for aesthetics, wouldn't it?

7. HappyKoi

HappyKoi Member Regular

It sounds cool from a looks aspect, but I think I may have to agree with TangPau and say that, if this Civilization is anything like past Civilization games, it won't make much difference because the game goes on a yearly cycle rather than a daily one.
    Seasons, however, would be very interesting and provide a much more historical aspect to strategy. That would include regional variations like monsoon season around the warmer countries, and longer winters in Russia. Civilization IV touched on this a bit with random events, but it could certainly be expanded.

8. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member Regular

Thanks for very helpful information bro!

9. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

I think that as long as it does not slow things down or really interrupt anything than it is fine. The issue is when it starts to frustrate me.