Quantcast

Dark Souls

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Ishmael, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I saw that there is no dedicated section for this beloved franchise, which is a bit of a shame since there's one for Lords of The Fallen which is a very similar game!

What do you guys think of the Dark Souls franchise? Which one is your favourite? What are your favorite moments, bosses, areas, and so on?

I'm playing Dark Souls 3 since it came out recently and I'm loving it way more that the 2nd game.

2. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

I'm a huge fan of Dark Souls, I loved Dark Souls 1 and 2 very much, they're both some of my favorite games of all time. Sadly, I haven't had the time or the money to play Dark Souls 3 yet, but I've heard nothing but good things about it so I'm excited to eventually play it.

3. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member Regular

DS is such an amazing series, DS3 has been so amazing so far. It's one of those sequels that is totally totally living up the hype of the last games and definitely adding to the saga

4. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

It definitely feels like an actual sequel. So many references to the older games but with cool new stuff at the same time! It's great.

I've done a bunch of bosses so far and they were all very cool, and all the areas I've seen were really pretty to look at.

I've started with a mercenary which has high DEX so I'm going around with a DEX build basically, using swords, katanas and other similar weapons.

5. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

I agree that the DS trilogy is an amazing series. I've had countless hours watching my bf play it. However, the idea that you need to go through frustration to get that feeling of being great doesn't appeal to me. I love watching it mind you, I just wouldnt play it. I tend to play like a maniac and not block anything, just go in all guns blazing. I would do terrible in DS games.

6. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I only played the first one, and it was really really hard. I never finished it, but it is definitely sitting on my backlog and I will finish all three of them in time.

7. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

There are plenty of sections missing. Deus Ex, Witcher, Dark Souls, Elder Scrolls general... all great games/series.
    As for Dark Souls, I've played through both DS 1 and DS 2 several times. I was expecting brutal difficulty, but they are really not that hard, especially the second game.
    For what it's worth, I prefer DS 2 over DS 1 ( definitely an unpopular opinion ).

8. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member Regular

I agree. Lot of games don't have the section here. There seems to be mostly discussion in the off topic about some of the games. I'd love to chat on the last of us game too. I am sure many gamers are into that game too.