Quantcast

Dark Souls 3 is coming!!!

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by shadowsupernature, Jun 28, 2015.

1. shadowsupernature

shadowsupernature Active Member

2. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

Better be the last one and make it as good as it can be so we all can close this book with Dark Souls nicely.

3. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

The ONLY reason I don't see them continuing Demon Souls is because they CAN'T make that multiplatform. Both that and Bloodborne are Sony IP. So the only chance for those of us outside of the Playstation ecosystem is Dark Souls. If you're a Playstation gamer you don't have that problem since you get them all.

4. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I'm worried, gang. I'm seeing the potential for a similar problem with annualized franchises by multiple development studios. Do we expect to see the regen system and transforming weapons from Bloodborne in DS3? If not, that's kind of a step backward, IMO. I also highly doubt Miyazaki is working on DS3. I'm more interested in where he goes next rather than getting another game with such a similar style.

5. Gamepreneur

Gamepreneur Well-Known Member Regular

Honestly the Dark Souls series never really appealed to me, and I felt it as kind of limiting. It had a unique approach but too hard of a learning curve that for some reason ended up being appealing to the masses. Either way, it's an alright game but it's over-hyped. Maybe the third one may get me into the series but i'm not very hopeful.

6. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

Meh, Dark Souls never really impressed me as a game to play alone, but I always enjoyed playing it on my friend's Xbox 360, taking turns and laughing at the one who is raging. It's a stupidly difficult game, and I think it's pure genius of the developers and publishers to make that a pro, not a con.

7. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

I don't get the chance to play the second one. I get too angry because I always die and it annoys me so much but I finished the first one. But they say that they will change some things on Dark Souls because of Bloodborne.

8. ConureKeeper1990

ConureKeeper1990 Active Member

I can't wait for the new Dark Souls. I loved the first game so much; it holds a special place in my heart among the Souls series. I look forward to being surprised by new areas and killed by enemies that I have no idea how to deal with.

Praise the Sun!

9. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

It's going to be the last Dark Souls game. :'(