Quantcast

Dark Action RPG Lords of The Fallen Out Now

Discussion in 'Lords of the Fallen' started by mmorpgForumsAdmin, Oct 28, 2014.

1. mmorpgForumsAdmin

mmorpgForumsAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Lords of the Fallen, a new action RPG from developers Deck 13 Interactive and CI Games, is out now for those that are up to the challenge.

The third-person hack-and-slash should appeal to fans of the Dark Souls series, but it has several features to set it apart including an XP multiplier mechanic that adds a unique risk/reward element to the game. Your XP gains increase by chaining kills and avoiding checkpoints, which save your game and renew your life, magic and energy and give you a chance to use the XP you've gathered for upgrades.

You can be conservative and use the XP whenever you get a chance, or risk it all for greater rewards by pressing forward, knowing you can lose what you gathered if you die. There is a way to regain the XP from your fallen character by reuniting with your ghost, but it's on a strict time limit and if you don't get to it in time you lose it for good. This system lets the player choose how tough they want the game to be.

The game features three classes including Warrior, Cleric and Rogue. There are 11 weapon types, lots of gear to collect, and a magic system that features unique spells for each class.
    Lords of the Fallen also has a dark storyline driving its quest. Here's a synopsis:

In an unforgiving world where no sin is ever forgotten, Harkyn, a convicted criminal, is given a chance for redemption. Just when rulers of the world get close to finding a way to banish all evil from humans, an army of the long-ago defeated god attacks the human realm. Released from prison, Harkyn and his mentor, Kaslo, set out on a mission to stop the war.

In his journey, Harkyn will forge strong alliances and face even stronger enemies. He will learn the true power of the Rhogar Lords - commanders of god's army. He will even bring the battle to the Rhogar, travelling to the heart of the demonic dimension.

Will the god manage to enslave humans again? Is mankind really able to banish evil? Will Harkyn's sins ever be forgiven?

Lords of the Fallen is out now on Windows, Xbox One and PS4. You can find out more at the game's official site here.
    [​IMG]

2. Moaz13

Moaz13 Well-Known Member

It seems like this is just another one of those gems of games that reviewers hate but gamers like, looking at the average reviews on Steam and Metacritic and from some other sites like Gamespot and IGN, seems like people don't enjoy the combat, but I can't judge until I play it for myself, just waiting on a new GPU for now.

3. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

I remember playing Dark souls and could choose the path of good and bad and was interesting and the combat system was well done and worked properly. I think in this game, we will have options on what sort of character we are, one who is selfish or one who is a hero and brave person who fights for the good. I have played similar games and fighting the huge bosses was challenging and hope it is in this game, making you think what you have to do and be careful. I think the rulers of the world have a good idea, but want perfect people which will cause rebellion and war with the gods which will be a great story and interesting to see how it plays.

4. prey

prey New Member

I don't know what to say about it....

5. dinomarino1

dinomarino1 Well-Known Member

i have always loved games that incorporated a light and dark system in their games. it really makes you feel emersed in the game and makes the scenario all the more believable

6. coeck

coeck Member

I think it's going to be great. In a game there always have to be two sides to make it entertaining and fun. So a light and a dark system is one of the best good and bad sides you can have. I'm looking forward to the story line and playing the game!

7. Moaz13

Moaz13 Well-Known Member

I'm not a big fan of those unfortunately, it's easy and low-effort. I love something like SpecOps: The Line where nobody is right or wrong and everything is grey.

8. imagenscape

imagenscape Well-Known Member

I like the type of game where you can choose a dark or a light side. The xp in this game sounds different and intresting I don't know if I would be willing to risk my xp though I like to play it safe.

9. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

There is not much difference between these tows side. Unlike in The Wither series, there is are no moral choices and thee are no consequences of choices you make.

10. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

Great, just what I need, more trailers to make me desperately want this game. I'm pretty sure at this point it's self destructive behavior to keep on watching the trailers. Yet here I am, watching, waiting, wanting. It'll happen!

11. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Well-Known Member Regular

This is a great game for people who like challenge, and since playing it, I now know I like challenge. This will bring a bit of competition to the hardcore hack and slash genre, and I'm looking forward at seeing what comes next. I could enjoy it even more if it was a bit more open world, because so far it just looks like Dark Souls 2.5, but not in a bad way.

12. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

You know, by now, even when I'd wanted a game, the hype would've died down for me and I would've went on with my life. The fact that I'm getting in a bidding war for a laptop simply to play this game attests to it's ability to awe in my opinion. I knew I wanted this game after watching the trailers, but never realized I wanted it to this extent.