d&d film update?

Discussion in 'Dungeons and Dragons Online' started by father lotto, Jun 6, 2013.

1. father lotto

father lotto Member

will it see the light of day?
    are warner bros. and hasbro playing nice yet?

2. RadPhorGaming ... get it?

Regular

Warner owns Turbine which does all the mmo games, so feasibley this could happen

3. brokesword

brokesword Member

I wouldn't bet on it, both Warner and Hasbro realize this could be a potential cash cow so they're duking it out for the rights. I personally think this will end with a settlement, but in a day and age where there's going to be a movie based on Monopoly who knows.

4. Zombie Lad

Zombie Lad Well-Known Member

I hope it never happens to be honest. I like the idea of a D&D film, but when I saw the Marlon Wayans version of the film, I was really annoyed. Hopefully if they cast it right, and direct it right, it could work. But I have my high doubts that this will never happen or be any good if it does happen.

5. Antiquarian

Antiquarian Member

Should someone ever make a new Dungeons & Dragons film, I request that they do it with quality plot. Not only that but also with engaging characters, brilliant animations, convincing acting and more importantly loyalty to the D&D Games + Universe. The Beholders and Gold Dragons in the first D&D Film (with Marlon Wayans) were not a pleasant sight. The only elements I praised in that film were the acting of Bruce Payne (Damodar) and Jeremy Irons (Profion). I thought they did a good job of portraying Lawful Evil characters. Bruce Payne also did his Damodar role well in the sequel, but the Lich in the sequel looks too fleshy. I wish they made the Lich more skeletal in the sequel.

All in all, I hope a future Dungeons & Dragons movie will be made in good set; equipped with quality performances, sufficient budget and refined plots.

Sincerely,
    The Antiquarian.

6. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

It could be interesting, but chances are if they made a movie it would be bad remember the Max Payne movie that was no where near as good as the game.

7. Antiquarian

Antiquarian Member

If people at Hollywood or any other film-making studio keep making movies with ridiculous, boring or recycled plots then the film will be bound to be a negatively made product.

However, if the writers and directors could focus on bringing forth new ideas, manufacture authentic storylines and produce quality made filming then there would be chances for a great Dungeons & Dragons movie to be made.

The only worry I have is that those in executive power are not keen in new ideas. I also worry that they are running out of ideas as well... hence the various remakes of films.

~ Antiquarian.

8. fliktor7

fliktor7 Well-Known Member

I don't know, that would be great, but if the make things well, the first movie based on the universe of dungeons and dragons was really, really bad.

If they are going to release something as bad as how was that one, maybe it's a better idea if they don't do it xD