Quantcast

Customization

Discussion in 'Fallout' started by Valentino, May 18, 2015.

1. Valentino

Valentino Active Member

Are you happy with the customization that's available in FO, or would you like to see something more? What kind of features would you like to see in terms of customization for your characters appearance, your houses, etc?

2. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

Customization in most of the Fallout games is good enough. There could always be more, but it's not necessarily a problem.

3. Oblivious

Oblivious Well-Known Member Regular

I'm bumping this thread in light of the FO 4 announcement.

It seems like character customization will be vastly improved in FO 4. It seemed reminiscent of the character creation in The Sims 4 and it looked responsive and greatly detailed.

When it comes to FO 3 and NV, there was some improvement in the latter. In general, the customization in both games was pretty good, maybe it could have been better if there was a bigger variety of hairstyles and facial hair.(not that the selection was THAT limited, I'm just greedy :p)

Also, adjusting the height of the character would be a nice addition. (even though I think that can be achieved through the console)

As for the houses, the improvements in FO 4 were quite evident in the gameplay footage as well.
    I really can't wait to create a house from scratch and make it however I want.
    The options for customization in the previous two games weren't really impressive.

4. Obi

Obi Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree. Bethesda really knocked it out of the park with what they added, having the option to customise and upgrade yourself with the junk you normally can't use is a really good idea, it adds a massive layer to the game that fits in so well with the previous features.

5. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I would like to be able to customize and upgrade weapons a bit better. My favorite weapon in Fallout 3 was the Rock-It Launcher and I had fun hitting raiders to death with charred books. Also, as long as they give me plenty of options in Character Creation, I'll be happy.

6. cassidy

cassidy Member

I think that actually less customization might be a good thing. Between finding some cool clothes, and getting the hair done all nice, and fixing scopes and extended mags, and now, as we are told in FO4, building your house and farm.... the story and the adventure itself gets diluted.
    I seriously believe that too much freedom in a game can be a bad thing, and am a little worried that the next installment of Fallout might actually suffer for it as a game.