Creating Your Own Fallout 4 Mods

Discussion in 'Fallout 4 Discussion' started by Jessica Pipgrl, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Jessica Pipgrl

Jessica Pipgrl Active Member

How many of you plan to create your own Fallout 4 mods? I've played around with mod toolkits in the past (primarily for Skyrim), but I never had the dedication to create a fully functional mod which I could share with others.

If you're planning to create a mod, will this be your first time? Are you interested in creating mods for PC only, or do you want to create them for Xbox or PS4? Have you created mods for other games in past? I would love to hear about your experiences in this area.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Never really thought of actually doing a mod. I don't have any cool ideas that are worth implementing, and I lack the skills to be able to code a mod. Maybe in the future. :p

3. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've always wanted to create my own mod, though this will be my first time doing so. Hopefully I can find a tutorial so that I have some idea on what to do and not waste time messing up (though there will always be trial and error).

4. Jessica Pipgrl

That's awesome that you're interested in creating your own mods, too. I remember dabbling with Skyrim's modding toolkit, and it was a bit complicated. I can only hope that they will make it easier to create mods for Fallout 4. My dream is to create a brand new quest in the Fallout universe. Do you have any specific type of mod you'd like to create?

5. SereneAngel88

Regular

Mostly items and weapons though once I increase my skills, I could move on to housing. My real goal is to make more explosive weapons and if they keep the Bloody Mess perk in the game (oh I hope so), you can bet I'll find ways to make dismembering enemies more fun! I also want to create clothing to expand what is already in the game.

Just because you are in a wasteland surrounded by murderous creatures and radiation, that doesn't mean you can't survive and kill while looking good at the same time!:D

6. Jessica Pipgrl

Great ideas! I would love see mods for Bloody Mess as well as new clothing items. I would love to have a closet in my virtual house where I can store all of my clothes, too.

I would like to create a new Deadpool-inspired perk that would make your character say witty one-liners and dance when making a big kill. I realize this is quite silly, but I know it would put a smile on my son's face. It might even be a fun project for us to work on together.

7. ilivetofly

ilivetofly Member
    Regular

I actually have a friend that is getting into making mods and will probably start publishing mods when fallout 4 comes out. It's pretty interesting since I am often on Skype with him using screen share so I can see all the files and how he does it. I will admit I have been quite curious but I don't think that I ever will.

8. Freddymac1

Freddymac1 Member

What I'm hoping for is challenge maps. Modding + base building should make this possible.

Imagine a kind of Portal 2 Perpetual Testing Initiative thing, where you can have a large area devoted to various obstacles (Use the Junk Launcher to kill all the raiders, but you only have teddy bears; Throw a grenade off this mountain, closest to the Super Mutant wins!)

9. larryddd

larryddd New Member

will play vanilla first as we will need the CK out to make mods and that wont be out till the new year,am I right in that fact.thanks

10. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

I don't think I've ever made my own mods? I've only ever used others mods. Though a cool mod would be making the dog companion into another animal!

11. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I haven't made my own but would like to. And it'll be for the PS4.

12. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Creating mods for a game seems like way too much of a committment for me to make. I respect the work the modding community does though, and I can't wait to see what they'll come up with.

13. LCastle

LCastle Member

I might consider it if the modding interface for FO4 will be more user friendly and require minimal knowledge of coding. I always manage to spot things in games that break immersion or annoy me in some way. A good example would be the lack of headshot mechanics in all of the previous BGS games. I also have a lot of zany ideas about mods every now and then in the shower: what if dismemberment didn't immediately kill enemies, and instead they'd run around with stumps for arms or flail wildly and crawl on the ground because their legs got shot off from under them? I mean sure, they'd bleed out in seconds, but that bleedout animation would add for some extra satisfaction. Being able to create mods with ease would be great for the modding community, as lots of people like me have great ideas but little to no means to realize them.

14. SereneAngel88

Regular

Or having the dog use weapons. Remember the myth about Dogmeat and the Wazer Wifle? I think I would up the ante by replacing the Wifle with a rocket launcher so that when the dog barks, rockets come out his mouth to blow up the enemy.

15. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

The modding tools are not available at launch, or so I've heard. I hope they will be available soon. :(

One of the best aspects of playing Bethesda games is playing with mods I think. It makes for a higher replay value.

16. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

If the tools are good, I will definitely try and make a few mods of my own. But I don`t think I will share them, as they will probably be just mods to enhance my own play style.

17. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have created mods before, none of which I have shared with the others. Most of them for Morrowind, which was very easy to mod on a basic level. Stuff like changing armor rating values, enchantment capacity, skill leveling rates etc.

By the time I got around to playing Fallout 3, and then Skyrim there were already mods which satisfied my personal tastes so I didn't bother creating anything myself. Fallout 4 will probably have a shortage of good mods in the first month or two, so I may again take up modding depending on how easy the toolkit is to work with.

18. Getagoodmousem8

Getagoodmousem8 New Member

[QUOTE="Jessica Pipgrl how do i make mods???? am new