Count to 10,000!

Discussion in 'Pointless Fun' started by Luster, May 4, 2011.

1. Skaara Dreadlocks

I was in Denmark last weekend and whopped some ass.. while getting my ass whopped 10x that ammount :lol:
    The real steel begins at 10:36. I'm on the left side in a bright blue torso with a black shield with a blue and white logo. If you look closely enough, you'll see that the same person sometimes get a different armor- That's because my friend with a similar type of armor, and I, were taking turns using my helmet, gloves and shield because he hasn't gotten those items yet for himself. You see us both on our knees beside each other in this group photo:
    [​IMG]
    [YOUTUBE]/83INcwmZuIk?t=636[/YOUTUBE]

#4381 Skaara Dreadlocks, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2017
  2. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Well of course :yo: I really don't have a reason why I was away for such a period of time. I was just feeling lazy....sorry.

Oh, badass bro! Motor cycles kickass. I wasn't into them to begin with, but recently (about 1-2 years) i've gotten a real craving for them. Whenever I see one pass by (which happens to be a rare sight) i get a big smile and say "whoa.....cool!" :lol: I'll probably get myself one sometime in my life, but I don't see it happening too soon. You lucky lucky Skaara. ;)

Haha, dude, I was fuckin melting in the heat. We even went sort of early ( 9am). There are apparently more mines up on the mountains; so I just need to find the trails for them. The remaining ones, from what I've read, are some old copper mines. I'll take pictures of those too. And thanks on the compliment on my pictures (as goes for you too, Bamul)

It wasn't all that bad. I was able to stand straight up, in most areas, and I'm quite tall (6ft 2in, or about 1.9 meters). I'd say it was just wide in width as it was in height. I did imagine a scenario where my flashlight would burn out and I'd have to feel my way out of the darkness....I did do a quick test run; but what felt like I had moved a long distance was, in reality, a short distance. It was fun though. :)

That pic....what a bunch of honorable knights. I'm not just trying to compliment your suit of armor because you're my friend; but damn, son! Yours is the most "authentic" when it comes to looks. It's the real deal! :clap:
    Excellent job in having building it, Skaara. It's the shit! Yeah!

#4382 NuclearWastE3, Apr 18, 2017
  3. NuclearWastE3

Regular

click on photos that appear too small. Again, it was the forum the resized them.

Huh? what? oh, haha, they're right here. MY original mosin is from 1942 while the "new" one is 1943:

First Person pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here, you can tell that the front sight is missing. When it broke, I was trying bend it to the left, since it was originally crooked to the right, but I suppose the metal was made from a soft material and it snapped off with little applied force. I need to either order one or try and make one myself. All it is is a small metal post that acts as the sight.
    [​IMG]
    Wood stock is not how the a mosin originally came. While it is an original stock, the person that owned it before me used sand paper to remove all the reddish finish of the mosin stock. You'll be able to see a comparison, in color to my other mosin, in the following photos
    [​IMG]
    Here, at the barrel end of the rifle, the previous owner used a file to remove sections, from the stock, so that the barrel itself is exposed. I think it's a cool look.
    [​IMG]

sexy
    [​IMG]
    Look here. The previous owner also removed the "black" finish, on certain parts, of the gun barrel. Just look at the bullet end as an example. See how the "all original mosin" is black while modified version is silver? Also, the tan mosin is missing it's butt-plate (those are easy to get online)
    [​IMG]
    Bayonet and all
    [​IMG]

-------------------------------------------
    Also wanted to show you the new butt-stock I got my shotgun. My friend took a picture, of how it originally looked, when we went shooting a few months back. The guns shown are as follows:

Mosin
    Mosin
    Turkish Mauser (my friend's)
    Remington 870 SuperMag (my friend's)
    Remington 870 WingMaster
    [​IMG]

My buddy would often joke about how the butt-stock looked like a spatula. I have since converted it to this new one:
    [​IMG]

#4383 NuclearWastE3, Apr 18, 2017
  4. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Remember to count. We all have plenty of practice counting bullets here. Also, I am amazed that we still haven't reached 10000 here ahaha Love this forum.

5. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Hey Von, I want a poster of one of your art pieces. It's the Batman in Russia. It kicks real Chernobyl ass. Anyway I can pay you for a copy? 4382

6. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'll PM you either the full-size file or a link to download it. You can get it printed A3 size. Thanks for asking :)

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Again, nice photos guys. The armour and the Mosin are really sexy (I do like the customised parts of it too, never seen one done this way before). :D

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

Nice, I really like that Remington 870 SuperMag, it looks pretty unique. And your Remington looks a lot better with that new buttstock :D
    Thanks for the compliment on my armor, I'm very satisfied with the nice blue royal-ish color on my torso, and the arms were brand new unused when I bought them, they make me a tank in comparison to most other arms/shoulders in the sport. They're very sturdy and safe, although slightly clunky in movement.
    My thighs/knees are old with a couple welded cracks and holes and they're also a little clunky, but they get the job done. Same goes for the greaves, which're black; they don't fit the rest of the armor at all :lol:

But my personal favorite part of the armor is the helmet; I bought some extra thick helmet-padding and attached it myself, so it fits like a glove now and it's very safe and thick and sturdy in the metal, and the whole way it just sits on my head. And I really like the appearance of it too; I bought it brand new so it doesn't have any rust or dents, and that "snow-plow" design on the visor is pretty cool as well as practical because if I get hit from the front, say for example that someone punches me with their shield, the bottom of the visor goes down against my chest so most of that applied force goes to my chest instead of wearing and tearing on my neck :)
    http://www.tommytechno.se/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/DSC_8735.jpg

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

That does sound really useful, you definitely don't wanna put too much strain on your neck and head in this kind of sport heh

10. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

Hey when did the forum change? I logged on and thought I had somehow entered a whole other website.

11. Richard Dean Anderson

Hey, ClearSky. Add me on Skype: "Anthemdreadz", and I'll add you to the forum skype-group for some closer information.
    This might seem shady, but I am not a spambot xD

12. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Metro Exodus, eh? And so it begins... again.

13. Eru Cozorav

Eru Cozorav Well-Known Member
    Regular

did they reuse the plot in the metro 2035? really? did they need to include anna?

Damn its better that they start with new character and blank one at that. At least with new character there is no stain left from previous game that is bad writing ;)

14. Richard Dean Anderson

Aaron, Eru Cozorav and anyone else who might be reading this, go to our official Steam Group "Last Light Forum" and read the most recent announcement, please.

-And/or add me in steam and talk to me there: "Skaara Dreadlocks"

15. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Active Member
    Regular

Are we still counting? 4394