Count to 10,000!

Discussion in 'Pointless Fun' started by Luster, May 4, 2011.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Hey man! :D How's Pluto?

2. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Vast and confusing.

Just waiting for summer to roll around so I can go outside again. I'm going on a winter survival course in Feb-Mar which is gunna be lame, but at least our Sgt-Maj. said all we're doing is getting drunk and riding snowmobiles, hopefully a saving grace.

3. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

What a magical army

4. Aaron

Regular

Yeah that's one way to say it I guess.

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Saw Anthrax live last night. :D

[YOUTUBE]ql9_-gX3XAA[/YOUTUBE]

6. Aaron

Regular

Nice! It's been so long since I've gone to a concert. Iron Maiden was the last I saw, a few years ago now I think.

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Lucky! Of the most well-known metal classics, I've only seen Metallica once. Would love to see Iron Maiden too at one point. I have seen some lesser known but just as classic bands though, such as Voivod, Anthrax (duh), and Accept. :D

On an unrelated note, here is a new video from Life of Boris:

[YOUTUBE]zT0sOxSyHuA[/YOUTUBE]

I really love it how on these trips of Eastern European countries he finds all the stuff that I miss from back home and gives it appreciation (good alcohol, cheap prices, amazing food, etc.) while also not hiding the fact that they're not really that nice places to live (shit pay, strange politics, in Estonia's case bad weather haha). Plus it was nice to see what he thinks of Estonia since he has been living there for years but not been talking about it much.

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

"You can cross the country in about 4.5 hours diagonally, not counting the islands that are to the left, but if you do then it will take you about 7.5 hours. But I do not suggest you do this because the land kind of ends here" I lol'd so hard :lol:

OKAY, THIS IS TOO GOOD. He brought a tube of "Sinep" into the picture, and I just thought "Huh, that sounds like the norwegian word for mustard. Must be". Then he flips it over and it says "Penis", and I all of a sudden remembered when I made up the word "sinep" to troll a fellow roleplayer in HL2RP, and the word stuck and became a kind of slogan for us all :lol:

On another note, I'd like to tell you about my plans for upcoming spring/sumer/autumn: A HAWT DAYUMN MOTORCYCLE! :dance:
    On my way home on one fateful boiling hot sunny summer day and no air-condition in my car, a bright green beautiful sports-motorcycle rumbled past me with such a deep and awesome sound, slipping through traffic past all the cars waiting in line, and I thought "Damn. That is me next summer". Since then, my plans've changed a bit; idc about being able to evade traffic anymore, I just wanna ride a goddamn awesome motorcycle, and although I still like sports, I now much more would prefer a chopper/cruiser.

Norway (and maybe some other countries) has some special rules for motorcycles: For my age, and three years forward, I can ride a bike with max 46 Hp and max 0.2 Hp/Kg. So if I found a motorcycle with 46Hp, it can weigh minimum about 175kg. 46 Hp isn't a whole lot, and when your bike starts weighing around 400kg, which most choppers and cruisers do, there won't be much power to pull all that weight forward. It'd be even a little slower than my car (and that says a lot). To top that off, the bike that I so far want doesn't have as much as 46 Hp, but actually 37. Other than that, everything about it is great, it seems to be in perfect condition (at least visually). Check it out!:
    https://m.finn.no/mc/all/ad.html?finnkode=90390407
    This is the most realistic choice I have with my current economy. Sadly, this annoying rule about horsepowers makes it difficult to find a nice bike that gives me all that I can legally have. Or does it?

-That's when I discovered the Honda CMX Rebel 500. It is miraculously offered by a few MC-stores in my country.
    What's so great about it? It's made with that annoying rule in mind; It has about 45 Hp, and weighs about 185kg. Perfect! It's a lot more expensive, but it doesn't really matter that much; I will have to take a loan no matter which of the bikes I choose, so the monthly pay for the loan isn't all that much of a problem, as I can adjust this to my liking. The problem, though, is the damn insurance. I'll get a price on the insurance on Monday, and hopefully it won't be that bad because I really am considering getting this bike.

I'm taking my obligatory theoretical safety-course in just a few days, and not long after that I will begin the driving lessons (Depends a lot on the weather and temperature, Norway you know). The thing is, I want to use as few driving-lessons as possible to save some money, but that won't work out well when I've got no practice at driving motorcycles from before. I've literally never driven one! Therefor, I am considering actually getting a bike before I start my driving lessons, and sneak over to some isolated parking lot and at least get to practice my balance, shifting and clutching. So I might get my first bike very soon! I'm super excited! :D

#4368 Skaara Dreadlocks, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2017
  9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

That's pretty cool. I used to really want a motorbike when I was younger but never got round to putting any effort into turning that dream into reality so I just kinda lost interest over the years. :eek:hwell: One of my irl mates is crazy about bikes though, he owns like three of them now and he's even making his very own design from parts of other bikes as part of his engineering project. :D Anyway, I personally know nothing about motorcycles, but I love the one you picked Skaara from just looking at it - it's a perfect mix of modern elegance and classic design (that sounds pretentious as fuck, but you probably know what I mean). :p

On an unrelated note, for the first time in my life I went to a longer several day festival and again recorded some videos. Even got covered in some fake blood on the second day, which was pretty fun. :lol: Despite the fest's stupid name, it was actually fantastic. Many classic and great NWOBHM bands played there (Nuclear, if you're reading, you may enjoy some of these as they are close to the Heavy Metal and Hard Rock you enjoy), but for me personally it was Ghoul and High Spirits on day two of the festival that were the highlight of the whole thing. Here's some recordings:

[YOUTUBE]a0xawK3H1Dw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ZGJqYZrI4TY[/YOUTUBE]

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Managed to see High Spirits again at the secret show:

[YOUTUBE]d_Y6eLooQBE[/YOUTUBE]

11. sprite

sprite New Member

4371 - we're sooo close

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

[YOUTUBE]LpXanUgokx0[/YOUTUBE]

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

Hahaha, this guy is just so great! :lol:

14. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yes, he is. :D

And guys look what I found at the bookshop where I volunteer:

[​IMG]
    Sorry for the shite quality.

15. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

It's awesome that Vujanić is still coming out with songs every now and then:

[YOUTUBE]ysPeI6eojeY[/YOUTUBE]

16. Skaara Dreadlocks

So I was in Sweden last weekend at a Sci-Fi Convention to fight the swedes, it was damn awesome!
    There were tons of amazing costumes from Star Wars, PredatorsVsAliens, Warhammer 40K etc.
    Here's a link to a couple videos and a few photos that were taken during our shows at the convention, I'm the guy in the blue torso with a shiny helmet. I got my brand new scottish Claymore longsword when we got there, and it packs a nice punch! :D (Scroll further down the page to see more footage of the awesome costumes :))
    https://www.facebook.com/kolya.dubr...6631516080579/703676433146335/?type=3&theater

And here's a link to SMAC (Swedish Medieval Armored Combat)'s website with some photos from the show, and my favorite photo :D
    http://www.tommytechno.se/index.php/swedish-medieval-armored-combat/
    http://www.tommytechno.se/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/DSC_8702.jpg

EDIT:
    The rest of the footage was just uploaded, luckily they got the longsword duel where I did an epic 360 spin, haha, check it out!
    https://www.facebook.com/daniel.ron...920437923692/1420018484729173/?type=3&theater

#4376 Skaara Dreadlocks, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017
  17. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Indeed my good friend! :) I watched them after getting notification of them through youtube when you posted them. It is my type of music to rock out to. F'N badass songs. I recognize a couple of them from listing to the radio. The editing was good and the quality of the videos were great!...Oh and sound was superb. Anytime I try recording at concerts, the music is so loud that it almost makes my recording speaker explode; thus, resulting in shit quality.

-----------------------------
    Dang, Skaara. First of all, that's one bad-ass looking biker suit. Secondly, I know you cheeki breeki. And lastly, buying a motorcycle (hog)? HELL MOTHA FUCKIN YEA!! Badass bro; i like the look of both motorcycles that you sent us links to. The first one looks more terminatorish and the second one has a classic look that everybody loves. I wouldn't know which one to choose :noidea:

-------------------
    Aw yea! I know man, Bricka-Bricka is back! I thought he was gonna stop making these music parodies since it had been so long since his last one. His recent videos were just Vlogs that i didn't bother watching. All i want is Eastern-Europe related content and tracksuits.

#4377 NuclearWastE3, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2017
  18. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Note: photos are quite small. I did not resize them, but instead, the forum decided to do it on it's own. You can click on them to make them ever so slightly larger (it only seems to work good on horizontal pics)

I recently went to some abandoned tin-mines, up on the mountains, where I live. they were the only operational tin-mines in the United States. I really wasn't able to capture how extensive some of the tunneling was due to the shear darkness that I was presented with while taking the pictures. It was complete darkness. Of the pictures I did take, they were mostly close ups, of tunnel walls, since my camera had a hard time piercing the dark with it's flash setting. There wasn't any abandoned mining equipment to be found, but I did manage to see some tin still embedded into the walls.

the mine itself wasn't all that large (at least what we had access too). It took us an hour and a half, just to walk to them, and about two hours to get back. The trip to-and-from was 6 miles (about 10km). It was indeed very cool to check them out; but the walk alone was quite grueling under the sun. The photos aren't the most interesting (and I wish I couldn't have gotten better tunnel pics) but it was the best I could do.

Side entrance to top mine. There are giant metal cover that go over a large gap, just so people don't fall down.
    [​IMG]

Standing ontop of metal covers; and, somehow, plants manage to grow on them. The fall down is about 30ft (9 meters)
    [​IMG]

Entrance. As you can see,my friend and I are now under the metal covers. Off to the right is a drop off.
    [​IMG]

Before it got pitched black
    [​IMG]

Spooky russian Tunnel. Flash was used, other wise, you wouldn't be able to see your hand if it was right infront of your face. This one was rather short and had nothing to it. All you do is walk several meters in before you came to an abrupt stop.
    [​IMG]

Second entrance (lower portion)
    [​IMG]

Second entrance opens up to this
    [​IMG]

Looking up. we were now far below metal covers
    [​IMG]

Long side tunnel, which turned to the left ,and continued for along while
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Close up of tin.
    [​IMG]

Lastly, my friend decided to write this onto one of the walls. I would have stopped him just to preserve the mine, but he finished it before I knew about it. Thankfully, it was on the same wall where countless of other people had written stuff on. Regardless, long live gopniks.

[​IMG]

#4378 NuclearWastE3, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2017
  19. Skaara Dreadlocks

Hey Nuclear, thanks for stopping by! I've already arranged with the dealership in my hometown, I'm getting the Honda Rebel 500 in the end of this month! Then the license the 2nd May :D

Damn, those caves look awesome! I couldn't imagine having to walk that far in such a hot place. As a Norwegian, I think I'd just melt away before I even got to the caves :lol:
    I think you got pretty good photos of the caves, actually. Looks kinda claustrophobicish, you weren't worried about getting trapped in there? :p
    By the way, don't you have a new Mosin to upload some photos of? :D

20. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Nice pics guys, you already know what I think of both events since I told yous over the mic when we played Chivalry together. :p