Quantcast

Conversations

Discussion in 'Dragon Age' started by fliktor7, Jan 14, 2015.

1. fliktor7

fliktor7 Well-Known Member

The only bad point that I found in Dragon Age Inquisiton is about conversations. And Dragon Age 2 (and DAO:Awakening too) had the same problem.

Let me explain of what I'm talking about. In Origins, you could stop anytime (not only in the campfires) and begin to talk with your companions. And with great conversations, not only 1 or 2 sentences.

Did anybody think he same that me? I really miss to talk to morrigan, kiss her and see alistair reactions xD

2. Lucas

Lucas Active Member Regular

Hm, as far as I remember you could talk with your friends/companions at the some kind of house at Dragon Age 2, but I'm not sure. I rememeber that there were some long conversations. But yeah, the DAO conversations were the best. I really liked it. I don't know anything about Inquisition as I have too weak PC to play it, but I wish I could.

3. celinejulietdcosta

celinejulietdcosta Well-Known Member

I agree with you.

4. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

The conversations in the sequels haven't been as good as the original game, and that's a shame.

5. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

I felt that the conversations were not a strong point and in the Orginal game you could talk whenever provided that the character had a good amount of approval like Sten if you get the sword and give right amount of gifts he talks more. The random conversations are between your party members only like in Dragon age Awakening you barely can talk and usually they will talk at a certain place and need to say the right things or will get a point decrease. I think they should of made the conversations like Dragon age Origins and would of been nice to do as well and made the players feel more connected to the group.

6. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

Origins had the best conversations. I loved the chat you had from the characters that gave you an idea of where they came from and how it made that character who they were. In part 2, it had less but still had the conversation element. The party banter. If you chose a certain combination of characters, they bickered, chat, argued and fought like animals and it was hilarious. In the last one, well there was almost NO chat whatsoever. The little bit there was... seemed so... forced I didn't even listen to it.

7. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove Regular

I've only ever watch DA:I, and I find the conversations okay? I hate that I keep accidentally clicking things that I think sound neutral, but sound aggressive or mean when my character says them. In one conversation, I accidentally made Solas super angry with me. Which was driving me crazy, because I was actually have agreeing with what he said, lol. I just wish it was a little more clear on the tone of the dialog chosen.

8. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

I find that hilarious because when I first played through and speaking to Solas I made him like me without realising. Then I realised that he's that close to my character I avoided him altogether because I was playing an elf going for Cullen. Solas is super easy to talk to but I do agree that the some characters are hard to tell what is good or bad to say. Vivienne and Sera I never liked much because I kept choosing neutral or bad responses without realising. I also found Sera's accent and way of speaking infuriating.