Computer Stuff

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Shrooms, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

I like the last one the best because you feel like you are a stalker. Most of your money comes from hunting for artifacts. Also it is a lot more free roam.

2. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

best way is to play them in the order they were released, Shadow of Chernobyl (SoC), Clear Sky (CS) and Call of prypiat (CoP)

however, the order the story happened would be CS, SoC, and CoP, since CS happens September 2011, SoC in March, iirc, 2012, and CoP in September 2012.

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yeah, as Odessa said, Clear Sky is a prequel but Shadow of Chernobyl was released as the first game. Sadly, I still haven't played Call of Pripyat (the only game in the Stalker series that I missed out on). However, I might be getting it this Christmas and can't wait to play it. :)

4. leddoesit

leddoesit Guest

wow~ it's sooo coool

5. Jet Odessa

however, whichever you decide to play, make sure they are patched to the latest version; SoC is 1.05 (there is 1.06 but the patch is only for mp and won't be compatible with most mods); CS is 1.5 and CoP retail version is already patch to 1.06, so you don't need to do anything to it.

6. KhansGotKarma

KhansGotKarma Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, much appreciated :D

7. Shurfire

The multiplayer would be better if it wasn't a complete lag feast. But then again I like how they didn't do much with the multiplayer. The single-player is mostly about gameplay. The story isn't that bad at all but I like the gameplay more. You fell like a real stalker since most of your money is hunting down artifacts. And every small thing that you do creates your ending. If you don't have someone live then that creates one ending but on the other hand if they do survive you get a nice story of what they do with their lives later. A must buy for any stalker fan.

8. Jet Odessa

yep, your actions/decisions or lack of thereoff, make the game very good, and depending on what you do/do not, you will have different endings. sometimes, in my many playthroughs, I have spent a lot of time in one area (especially in Call of Prypiat) for a while (Zaton, first map) without doing any missions in the main quest, just helping other stalkers, and doing a lot of artifact hunting and exploring.

for me the Stalker games aren't really about just getting to the end, but about exploring and discovering the Zone. it's about the journey, not the end to it.

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I agree (which is another reason why I can't wait to get my hands on CoP). However, I must also say that the
    C-Consciousness
    ending to Shadow of Chernobyl was brilliant. :D

10. Shurfire

I think both endings for Shadow of Chernobyl are good.

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

There are many more than just two. :p Unless you mean the two groups of endings (the ones where you stop at you-know-where and the ones where you go a bit further)?

12. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

#112 Heavygunner, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
  13. EdinhoGaming

EdinhoGaming Active Member

Once you go Mac you never go back

14. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

My friend went Mac and thought it was cack, so he went back.

15. EdinhoGaming

Your friend was probably wack, and sold his Mac just to afford his next fix of crack,

16. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Dont be stupid lol. MAcs are the biggest pices of crap ever/:. You can buy an ultra high end gaming pc for the price of a stupid mac. I hope your trolling

17. EdinhoGaming

Well, if Macs were the biggest pieces of crap EVER, it doesn't seem much sense that Apple is the biggest U.S company of all time.

If you want to game on your computer then Macs are NOT the option to go for(even though gaming has become far more convenient on them the last couple of years). However, it's hard to argue that Macs don't have their strong sides that topple those of the PC.

18. cerberus

It was due to the lack of customizability, in fact. He realized he had actually bought a cat in a sack.

Ack ack ack!
    [​IMG]

19. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

20. cerberus