Comic Cons and Crawling out of Holes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DrDarcy, Mar 19, 2014.

1. DrDarcy

DrDarcy Well-Known Member

Number 1: I'm back! After ages, posting very rarely, I'm back for good. I do apologise for jumping the RP halfway (my character wasn't that good in reflection anyway but it was rude to abandon), but I'm back. I miss this forums and its good to be back. Hence the crawling out of a hole part of the title.

The second part is about Comic Cons. In London, the two biggest comic cons are MCM in May and LFCC in July. I shall be doing a better version of my stalker and was wondering if anyone else would be up to meet for joint metro 2033 cosplays.

2. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Welcome back :D

I would love to, but unfortunately I live on the other side of the world. Thanks for the offer though ;)

3. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Indeed, Welcome back!

I would join you as well but much like Nuke I'm a little ways from London.

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

Well..... We forgive you for jumping off the roleplay in such a rude way. >:l
    Nah, just kidding, welcome back! :D
    Like everyone else, I'd love to come, and I'm a little closer to London, but I still am too far away to go there :p

5. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Welcome back mate :D i kinda live a long way away from london but if you get lost and end up in AUS send me a message :)

6. DrDarcy

One minute I was in London next minute Sydney! :lol:

Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll re-join the rp as soon as I can.

7. Skaara Dreadlocks

LOST o.o

8. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Dont you dare ruin the thread with the show we do not speak of

9. DrDarcy

Mental note, never speak of the show that begins with L and ends with T, and has OS in the middle.

10. What about Lost in space?

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Welcome back! :D I'm a a fair bit northwards from London, but within the same borders. It would be nice to meet up, however it just isn't possible for me right now due to money - or lack thereof. May will probably be the same... maybe July will be different, but I can't promise anything. :eek:hwell:

12. m1shooter2

m1shooter2 Well-Known Member

Anyone else going to be at NYCC?
    Hopefully by then I will have at least a FORT Defender-2.

13. DrDarcy

Just not the crappy film adaptation.

Yeah Train tickets can get really expensive at times, but comic con isn't that pricey. I think it's £10 for a day.

Oh man, I've always wanted to go to a US con, maybe one day...

14. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Off topic referring to Lost and HL2 Episode 2....also spoilers

Skaara, did you ever notice the easter egg in HL2 Episode 2 where you can find crack on a wall toward the end of the game (it's in the final chapters when you go and launch the missile from the silo) and when you crouch and look to see what's on the other side, you see a computer monitor with the same numbers of Hurley's lottery ticket from lost?

Here's a picture of it that I found on the web:
    [​IMG]

Still too far for me. I live in the southwestern part of the U.S.

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

No...... NO....
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

16. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yeah, 10 quid isn't that much but the prices to get there... :(

17. Skaara Dreadlocks

Seriously, though, this is two main worlds in my life just totally colliding with each other, THIS IS NOT REAL O.O

18. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I didn't want to freak you out too much, but it seems that what I thought was going to happen when you saw the Easter egg was understated. Well, since you're already O.O, you'll be O_O once I tell you this. This is 100% true!!

When I was playing HL2 Episode 2 and had discovered the computer terminal with those numbers, my sister was watching television in the other room -it was some show about how T.V. show events have related themselves into reality etc. I can't really remember it too well. Anyway, I was there in the game and listening on and off to the show in the other room for when something that I found interesting came on. When something did, I would go over and watch it for a bit. But get this!! While I was staring at those numbers in the game, I was trying to remember where I had seen them before, but I couldn't seem to pin point it to something specific. I knew I had seen those numbers somewhere; and even if I hadn't, I would have found it strange for a computer terminal in the game to have a random series of number like that. Eventually, I though that the numbers might have been those from the lottery ticket from Lost; but since it had been so long since I had watched the show, I couldn't remember their sequence! Then.... It happened. At that very moment when I had thought of the bad luck lottery ticket from Lost, I heard coming from joining room about how Hurley's lottery ticket numbers have been incorporated with an actually Lotto drawing. Then, they repeated the numbers in sequence from Lost: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42. I followed along while they said each one while staring at the computer screen and was shocked when it turned out to be the same exact ones. I was weirded out.

For not to get in trouble for being off topic: I was planning to take RP pictures this winter with my gear, but it never snowed. The only winter that I wish to take metro RP pictures, it doesn't snow. :sad:

#18 NuclearWastE3, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
  19. DrDarcy

Exact samething happened to me. 4 winters in row; snow. 1 winter I want to do a snow Metro photoshoot? NO SNOW :mad:

20. NuclearWastE3

Regular

^
    I'm not sure if I should still take pictures or wait and hope that it snows next winter. :/
    By the way, I like your new avatar. :thumb: