Quantcast

Civilization

Discussion in 'Civilization V' started by ad.mike2016, Aug 16, 2016.

?

Do you ever play a custom game with all settings on random?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. ad.mike2016

ad.mike2016 Member Regular

What is the Civilization that you usually pick when playing Civ V? What is the reason? Does it have to do with the great person, unique unit or the starting advantages? I think everyone plays multiple games or restarts when they get bored with a current game they are in. There are times when I do custom mode and put all the settings on random, this generally makes for an interesting game and increases my knowledge of the different races and how to play with them or against them.

2. krnd

krnd Well-Known Member Regular

I think all random is by far the most interesting game once you've got a hang of it all. To be honest I would not play it without some prior knowledge, it sounds like you could have a hard time getting into the game.

3. Casiox

Casiox Well-Known Member Regular

I highly agree with you, all random is the most interesting and fun to play game mode, it somehow encourages you not to get bored too fast and play the game for a little while without quitting or doing such things, saying this I do not really mean it does not get me bored in any way, it does, but it's a little bit more enjoyable.

4. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

I have been playing civilizations for a while now so I like to make everything as random as possible. I think that is the reason that I still play it, I have played other games similar to it but without this choice and it can get boring really quickly.

5. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member Regular

I think it's a very interesting way . I also use it

6. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

I would say that random is probably the best way to go as well, just because when you reach a certain point it is the only way to keep it fresh, at least for me it is.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member Regular

While I can see why people may want to customise the game to their taste, random for me is the definitive way to play Civilization. After all the game itself is supposed to be random events and so choosing the random option makes sense to me and especially if you are a long term player.

If you are just getting started then I do think that using the various options available can be helpful, but I would have thought that most people once they have got the hang of it would then restart the game with random enabled as I would suggest that's the way it was meant to be played.