Quantcast

Civilization VI To Have New User Interface

Discussion in 'Civilization VI' started by Todd Black, May 21, 2016.

1. Todd Black

Todd Black Well-Known Member Regular

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I liked the user interface in Civilization V, but I don't think this looks bad at all. Maybe a little design overhaul would be good, but the arrangement is nice.

3. gonemorp

gonemorp Well-Known Member Regular

Everything in the game is okay and I don't think that anything is wrong. Yes, we can expect little arrangement.

4. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member Regular

It looks really good. There were some of the versions of Civ that I didnĀ“t like, but in almost every game they streamlined or improved the GUI making it less clicks to do what you need to do.

5. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

The new interface looks really cool. I think it will be even more user friendly then Civ V`s.

6. jonthai

jonthai Member Regular

I like the new user interface. It has the old concept, but with easier structure.I also appreciate the fact that they are still thinking about new players,and keep working on making the interface more simple to new players, without removing the nostalgia from other games.

7. Belovedad

Belovedad Well-Known Member Regular

I like the new one more than the older version. I think it's easier to get around and it looks way more lively. It also seems more user friendly.

8. Sparks

Sparks Member Regular

I don't have any qualms with this. It's not exactly a radical departure from previous interfaces, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It certainly looks nice, from the little bit shown. I guess we'll have to wait and see how the rest of it looks across the board.

9. Vladimir Logos

Vladimir Logos Member Regular

Objects related to the 'Age of exploration' are a perfect choice, though I'd somewhat prefer if the major elements from the old UI stayed. But, CIV is one the rare series that is evolving in a good direction. CIV 4 was batter than CIV 3, CIV 5 was better than CIV4. I think we can safely say that no. 6 will be the best CIV yet. :cool:

10. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member Regular

It might take time to get used to them, but I honestly think it's a great idea. Change is always great, at least they are trying to mix it up instead of sticking to the same old style of gameplay like other games who release a sequel every year. At least they are taking the time and effort in this one to make the game better, so the only thing to worry about now is if these changes will really hold up in the future.

11. EleGiggle

EleGiggle Active Member Regular

Some upgrades to older user interfaces from the past games are always nice, as long as they don't completely ruin it.

12. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member Regular

It doesn't really seem to detract that much from that of Civ V (which was already fine IMO), so I think I'll be able to pick up this UI pretty quickly.

13. Vall

Vall Member Regular

I didn't have any problems with the UI in Civ V, but there is always room for improvement, so it's good they're willing to mix it up. I'm liking the new Age of Exploration theme they are going with, it seems perfect for Civilization. It also looks more user-friendly and that's always a good thing.

14. AxelR

AxelR Member Regular

I like it a lot, it looks quite nice. It really suits the Civilisation VI needs. It's pretty simple, modern, that's what I want!

15. PeanutButterMan

PeanutButterMan New Member

I was hoping they would keep the Civ 5 user interface. This one is pretty cool too, I guess. But the Civ 5 one was perfect! I don't get why they would change it. I guess we'll have to get used to it.

16. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

I wasn't entirely convinced that Civ VI needed a new UI, but the one shown for the game looks fine to me. It's nice looking and quite functional, and it's nice that they didn't just copy what worked from the previous game. So I don't have any real reason to complain.

17. ladydaydream

ladydaydream Member Regular

Civ V's interface was pretty good, but I think this one is even cleaner and more user friendly, taking a good look at it. I think I'll like this change, though of course it'll take some time to get used to, just like any of the other titles.

18. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

It's unavoidable. If you compare the first civilizations to civilization VI, they look like they are from worlds apart. This is just an evolution from what we have now. I am looking forward to see the changes.

19. Arctic21

Arctic21 Member

I like the new one. It's refreshing after seeing the old one for so long. I get more excited about the game the more I read about it. October 21st can't come soon enough!

20. iRoxas

iRoxas Member Regular

Hm, I'm not really fond of UI changes when they come out since you have to get used to the new one and all that, but if it's better for gameplay and it's more efficient, then I'm cool with it :D.