Quantcast

Check Out This Closer Look At The Civilization VI Trailer!

Discussion in 'Civilization VI' started by Todd Black, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Todd Black

Todd Black Well-Known Member Regular

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

Civilization VI looks pretty good, I'm pumped for it. Civilization V is a really good game and if they manage to fix what's wrong with it in Civ VI then I will insta-buy this game.

3. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member Regular

21 October 2016 can't get here fast enough. But if history has taught me anything, it's that you should NEVER trust the video game trailer, even if it claims that it is an "actual in-game footage" because these things are always meant to sell you the game, and most of them are enhanced to the point that gameplays can even get cinematic-wise graphics, which is just a blatant lie.

4. EleGiggle

EleGiggle Active Member Regular

The trailer looks pretty good ... But as always trailers obviously don't really reveal how great/good a game is going to be. But either way I hope that Civ 6 will trump Civ 5 (which is my favourite one at the moment).

5. AxelR

AxelR Member Regular

It seems like we're getting another amazing Civilization! I'm really hyped for that one. It's true that trailers don't really show how good it will be, but we can only hope that it will be as great as previous ones - or even better! Time will tell if our hype was reasonable.

6. gamer2x

gamer2x Member Regular

I am looking to the new version so much, that almost every other day I try to find out the newer news about the game.

So, far its looking like they haven't put a single wrong foot when it comes to the VI and keeping the fingers crossed after looking at this as well.

V was a big disappointment as compared to IV and therefore, I am eagerly awaiting for them to set it right in this version.

7. prabab

prabab Well-Known Member Regular

In this case there's no reason to be wary honestly.

There are two ways the game play trailers are "enhanced", and both obviously wouldn't work when recording a video off Civilization VI:
    1. The game play sometimes is recorded on some earlier build with work assets that are usually higher quality than the final textures/models etc, since they didn't yet have to get optimized for performance, we're shown everything exactly as the artists made it, no technical limitations are in place. This cannot be the case here, since graphics were designed to be heavily stylized right from the start exactly with performance in mind.
    2. The "game play" sometimes really is a short CGI movie made using the in-game assets. This could've been the case if we were talking about an action FPS game, but for a Civilization-alike game this sort of "fakery" would be extremely counter-productive since most of the Civilization VI game play consists of how player interacts with the UI etc, you can't really animate this sort of thing like a CGI movie with the tools that are readily available for the job.

8. matchv

matchv Well-Known Member Regular

The trailer only reflects the quality of the game. We will have to wait till the game gets released. Almost every Civ fan is crazy about this game. So, let's wait until we say something about the game.

9. jalikam

jalikam Well-Known Member Regular

There are many fan-made trailers available on the Internet that features the real clip of the game. I recommend you guys to watch that trailer because it reveals enough info about this game.

10. jalikam

jalikam Well-Known Member Regular

There are many requested features in the game. Many sources have revealed that the developers are trying to fill up what was missing in the previous games. So, I think this game is going to be full of features.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I'm anxious for a good multiplayer game, it's one of my biggest gripes with Civilization V. If they can get that right alongside all the new features Civ VI can be a big hit. I'm also hopeful for a big modding community.

12. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

Nice video, you don't often see a trailer with the developers comments. It's really different, I can't wait for the game to come out. I would really like to see some of the game play but I sure they are saving it for the launch.

13. Casiox

Casiox Well-Known Member Regular

Wow, this game really seems to be coming with a lot of good features, the way they explain every single detail of the game itself is just great, they clearly know what they're talking about and they actually sound convincing enough, hopefully, it is going to be what they make it look like, looking forward to it.

14. matchv

I am waiting eagerly for the launch. There are many clips of the game available on the Internet other than this one. I must say, this one was was amazing.

15. matchv

I don't know why you consider the fifth version as a disappointing game but I think it was batter than any previous versions of the game.

16. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member Regular

thankss for the link!

17. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

I haven't seen a lot of games with actual game play but I'm sure they are saving that for the launch.

18. cardinals27

cardinals27 Member Regular

We are so close to the release date! I can't wait for it to come out. It looks alright but I still think it will be a great game.

19. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

Looking back on it this actually is pretty accurate, but I am not really sure if I expected anything different, but nevertheless it is nice to see. Makes me kind of want to see the next one.