Character Types

Discussion in 'Battleborn' started by daredevil, Mar 23, 2016.

1. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

There are three main character types in Battleborn. These are:
    • The Attackers. These are the offensive heroes. You can choose from Phoebe, Whiskey, Rath, Deande, Mellka, Thorn and many more.
    • The Defenders. They are the hit takers. You can choose from Attikus, Galilea, Toby, Montana and many more.
    • The Supporters. They are the healers or the shields. You can choose from Miko, Reyna, Ambra and Kleese.
    Of course, I'd choose to be an attacker in solo. I adore Phoebe right now:

[​IMG]

She has an array of telekinetically suspended swords.

What about you guys? Which character type are you excited to play and which character specifically?

2. mett1982

mett1982 Active Member
    Regular

I always go with attackers when I play games like this. I think I am going to first start out with Oscar Mike. I think he looks the most badass out of all the characters right now and I love all of his abilities. Plus he looks really cool too. I agree with Phoebe looks really cool to and the ability to rain down swords on top of your enemies is really cool. Here is a video that introduces all of the characters. It's pretty funny!

3. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

Looks like the standard MOBA type classes. The telekinetic swords are definitely a twist, though, lol.

4. daredevil

Regular

I love Oscar Mike as well although his personality doesn't fit my style well. Here's another good one, Thorn:

[​IMG]

What I love about Thorn is the rapid health regeneration she has. Although she has no shield, so that's a downside. I love her arrow as well, the volley attack she has is able to fire a total of five arrows all at once.

5. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think I'll be playing the Attacker class mostly as well. Deande and Phoebe are my two favorite gals!

^^
    A great video to watch for those who haven't witnessed Deande's badassery.

6. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am excited to try them all out and I probably will play around all roles almost equally but if it's anything like all my other favorites in this genre I'll probably end up copying up as a support because it's my favorite role which I know might be weird to most people because attackers or carries are usually the biggest draws because they are a lot more exciting.

daredevil likes this.
  7. daredevil

Regular

I think supports are very important in any multi-player game. I play HoN and supports there are pretty much very active. If I must say, supports in HoN are very much aggressive, attacking and even harassing the enemies. So in that sense, supports can also be exciting.

Here's one support I'm excited to play:

[​IMG]

Miko throws out magic mushrooms that can slow down the enemy and he can also heal his allies. He's the one that looks like a mushroom, lol.

DeeDee likes this.
  8. Patrickz

Regular

Looks like a pretty standard Tank/Brawler character. Don't quite like the look though.

9. daredevil

Regular

Here's another one, Reyna:

[​IMG]

She is mainly for support. It's best to position her near your attackers so she can defend them through her shield. She looks quite amazonian, right? Lol. She's not one of the characters that I took noticed of right away but yeah, she has good abilities for support. I might try her out.

Trivia: Reyna means "Queen" in our language.

10. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love using attackers in Battleborn. The attacking class will likely be the most popular of all the classes. I've always liked playing support at times, but I imagine I'll be playing attack class most of the time.

11. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Thanks! Good to hear some appreciation for supports since it's not usually given much attention unless in tournaments where pros are at least quick to point out the importance of the role but in public queue with regular folks not many recognize it at all. Anyway thanks for sharing that I'll have to check it out. Being able to be aggressive while playing support does sound appealing to me.

12. Patrickz

Regular

Just as the medic is essential in TF2, healing and shields are very important, and can be game-changing if placed strateigically.

13. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I went with Thorn in the beta and I really liked her. Then again I love archers so that's no surprise. I really wanted to try out Phoebe but I haven't been able to yet.

14. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Never played tf2 but yeah in any MOBA it's essential but understated which is what I like about it but at the same time I also kind of dislike it when I meet people in public queue and they credit the whole win on their so so called ability to carry. Not that I'm looking for glory but it kind of makes me rage how narcissistic some carries are.

15. daredevil

Regular

Here's another one, Montana:

[​IMG]

Basically, he is a tank hero. He can be very slow but he can take damage well. I love his skill called Mansformation which allows him to slam on one enemy specifically. With this skill, he turns into metal and is able to take in more damage as well.

16. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm fluctuating between attacker and defender, I don't like being a supporter at all since I love to be engaged in the combat more. Phoebe is really fun to play!

17. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would choose the defenders and I would choose tony.
    I like the defense team because you get to do much when defending your team.