Character Thread

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by Bamul, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

This thread is only for those who are taking part in the role-play (or plan to do so soon). Here, you can describe your character's visual appearance and the equipment he or she is carrying. You can also tell us about the character's background/backstory, but that might be something you'd like to explain through the role-play itself. Anyway, I'll start this off:

Picture:
    [​IMG]

Character alias:
    Volk

Birth name:
    Unknown

Hair colour:
    Blond

Eye colour:
    Blue

Hairstyle:
    Short

Facial hair:
    Stubble with soul patch

Other physical features:
    He is around 2 metres tall, with a well-built physique. He is tattooed around his right arm. Has various scars around his body, some knife wounds; some mutant scratches.

Clothing/Armour:
    Wears dark green, military camouflage pants with a large, black, studded belt - also a thin, white shirt (with sleeves) underneath a medium-thickness bullet-proof vest with multiple pockets. Around his torso, two bullet belts crossed over each other. He dons a black, leather long coat over everything and usually wears a brown, furry ushanka hat (with its ear flaps down, when on the surface). The coat looks quite old and worn; maybe he had already owned it before the blast. He has black, fingerless gloves (with hard studs on the knuckles) to cover his hand. In addition, a pitch black and almost perfectly round, ball-shaped gemstone hangs from his neck on a thin string as a necklace, as well as some dog tags - though not his. The words on the dog tags are written in Polish, with a relative’s name & military rank on them.

Weapons:
    TT-33 Tokarev pistol with an extended clip (looks almost brand new and in perfect condition), highly customized & modified AK-74 Kalash assault rifle with a telescopic sight attachment (the outer casing of the weapon looks old & has numerous scratches on it, but the mechanisms inside seem in top-notch working order), long, gladius-like combat knife made for Soviet troops before the blast (the dark brown handle has “1941” carved on it).

Other equipment:
    Black MP50 gas mask (looks quite new and well looked after), harmonica (old but works), golden lighter (large and bullet-shaped, capable of producing a 5 centimetre or 2 inch flame), flashlight (with a strap to put over your head), dark grey, medium-sized backpack with many pockets - inside it; mushrooms and any scavenged tins of food, reserve flashlight, hip flask for strong alcohol, canteen for water, brown wallet with documents in it, military first aid kits, bandages & medicine.

Backstory:
    Wolf was born on the surface, in the Polish capital city of Warsaw. His father was called Vladimir (a Russian, special operations trooper) and his mother was Agata (a talented, but not very famous, Polish singer who used to be a nurse). They met each other in Warsaw, where Wolf was born in 1998. Seven years later, when Wolf was only a young boy, the family moved to Russia. The couple had another child - a girl called Nikki. When the bombs dropped on Moscow, Wolf was only 15-years-old; his sister was 8; and they were lucky enough to live next to an entrance that led to a metro station. Wolf saw his house in ruins and barely escaped death along with his family.

The family wandered around the metro with a group of other survivors from their neighbourhood, scavenging supplies from storerooms and other places. Vladimir was the leader of the group, because he was the only one with advanced military training. It was not until 2015 (two years after the tragedy up above) that the group finally settled at a station. A hierarchy was soon established and Vladimir lost control as it seemed that he was no longer needed, with former businessmen and upper-class citizens taking his and his comrades’ places as the ruling people. However, Vladimir was still quite popular among the men & women of the station as, after all, it was he who had led them to safety back in 2013. Agata was also popular, because she had the best medical knowledge of everyone there.

Life in the metro was tough, but it was not until the first mutant attack in 2016 that Wolf resumed his military training, at the age of 18 (though this time he was being taught by his father). More attacks soon followed and the greedy men at the top of the hierarchy realized that Wolf’s father Vladimir and his friends were needed. Soon after that, Vladimir worked his way up the ladders of public opinion and was adored by the people for fending off the beasts numerous times. His wife also played an important part, as Agata not only tended for the wounded, but also knew how to shoot a gun herself. She would often defend the station alongside her husband Vladimir and son Wolf. Their daughter Nikki was training to be a nurse (taught by her mother), so she also played an important part.

By 2018, Vladimir won the election as the next ruler of the station. He put up numerous guard outposts & fortifications outside the station in tunnels from all sides, as well as establishing contact and trade routes with other friendly stations. He made the people realize that down here, in the underground, they were equal & had to look out for each other in order to survive. He was also the first of the men in the station to venture out onto the surface with en expedition to recover supplies and come back healthy. In 2020 (when Wolf was 22-years-old), the Nazis of the Fourth Reich started taking over territory and conquering independent stations. Vladimir’s station was next on the list and soon they started breaking through their defences as well. One night, when Vladimir and Agata were on watch, a Nazi “skinhead” division used stealth tactics to break through and murder almost everyone at the station (including Wolf’s family).

Wolf was knocked out unconscious by a Nazi solder during the battle, right after seeing his mother being shot to death. He was lucky enough to have been mistaken for a dead-man when the Nazis were leaving and regained consciousness only after the bloodbath at his home. He found his 15-years-old sister Nikki raped & badly beaten, but alive. During their escape, they ran into the wrong tunnel without realizing that they actually followed the fascists, until Nikki was shot from a distance. Enraged, Wolf slaughtered the lot - including their officer. Then he swore that from that moment onwards, he would dedicate his life to stopping the threat of Nazism spreading through the Moscow metro, even if he was to die doing so. Wolf returned to the now ghost station to gather his things & pack for the mission ahead. When he was leaving after having given his family members the best burial he could and shedding many tears for their lost lives, he encountered an unlikely ally.

A group of Reds was tracking the Nazi division to see where they were heading and what their plans were, but they had just arrived two hours later (after the tragedy) at the station to encounter Wolf there; sobbing for the loss of his loved ones. They took Wolf in and among them; he joined a group of revolutionary men & women who called themselves the Crimson Pack. By 2025, Wolf and the other members were like family to each other. He was soon nicknamed “Papa Wolf” and was appointed the leader of the Crimson Pack. In 2027, the group was considered too much of a threat to the Stalinist regime of the Reds. “Papa Wolf” was known for arguing with the dictators of the Red stations. The Crimson Pack was kicked out. They kept their non-Stalinist, revolutionary Communist beliefs but became independent.

The Reds saw no point in disposing of the group, as the pack specialized in killing Nazis. However, in early 2028, the Crimson Pack lost a battle with a much larger group of opponents. Most of the members, including Papa Wolf’s closest friends, fell during battle. The rest were executed by officers after the encounter. Papa Wolf was badly beaten & tortured to tell them about locations of Red camps. After that, he was thrown out and laughed at by Nazis. He had lost his fighting men & women, his friends, his home, his only family and his honour. The Nazis put him up against the wall and were about to shoot him in the back of the head, but the will to live & the hate he felt towards every fascist in the world at that moment was enough for him to fight back and escape.

He managed to recover most of his equipment and items, but was now left alone by himself. Madness & suicide seemed like the only way out of his nightmare, yet he came back to his senses and decided to carry on with his mission. However, he was no longer the leader of a pack, a father of a family… he was no longer Papa Wolf, but just a lone wolf. He ditched the “Papa” and stuck with the “Wolf”, as it seemed more appropriate. Since then, he has travelled from station to station - wandering through the tunnels. Still fighting Nazis (though not as actively or often as before), Wolf also started to work as a (good) mercenary in order to help others, but gain enough bullets from his deeds to continue his fight and have enough money to rest & eat.

Feel free to do this for your own characters; it’ll definitely be easier for me and everyone else to visualize the other people in the role-play. :)

#1 Bamul, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2012
  2. craneum123

craneum123 Well-Known Member

Roach

Character alias: Roach
    Birth name: Unknown
    Hair colour: Brown
    Eye colour: Brown
    Hairstyle: long hair
    Facial hair: Stubble
    Clothing/Armour: tank top underneath A stealth suit with a utility belt, and a small backpack.
    Weapons: TT-33 (Tokarev) pistol with an silence, highly customized & modified AK-74 (Kalash) assault rifle with a telescopic sight attachment, silencer and a bayonet,a long,jagged,old combat knife and a barret 50. with variable zoom (not seen until we get back to roach's place.)
    Other equipment:Night vision goggles,gasmask and military first aid kits

#2 craneum123, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2011
  3. Skaara Dreadlocks

Character alias:
    Ghost

Birth name:
    Benjamin Soprano

Hair colour:
    Dark brown

Eye colour:
    Extraordinarily light brown. Orange to the un-trained eye

Hairstyle:
    Many thick well-made Dreadlocks with a few golden beads in it, reaching down to his shoulders. The ones that would be hanging in front of his face are combed backwards.

Facial hair:
    None.

Clothing/Armour:
    Wears an unrecognizable grey camouflaged suit that is barely visible under his thick, heavy, dark brown coat which is stuffed with bulletproof plates. The coat has two pockets on the chest-area and on the sides of the legs. The leg-part is splitted in two parts lying around his legs with spaces in between, allowing the man to walk/run easier. It goes down to just covering the leg-protecters made of thick metal-plates. He also wears a pair of black leather gloves along with a wide equippment-belt around his waist outside of the coat.

Weapons:
    On his back there is a long, black, slightly curved sword-sling with a sword-handle sticking down into it. On the bottom of the handle there is a shining silver ring hanging from a short but strong thread. A P90 on the side of his backpack. (The P90-like gun in metro). on the side of his belt, there is an unusual pistol which is thin, but tall and long. It has a thread wrapped several times around the handle, and beside it, there are some syringes in his belt aswell.

Other equipment:
    An average-sized backpack containing an S10 gasmask with tinted lenses, a few filters, a few medkits, an attachable silencer and a bandana with an attached flashlight.

Other details:
    The man is very tall, but quite skinny. He seems to be older than 40 and his voice is deep and rusty.

This character is mostly for passiveRP purposes, but who knows, maybe I'll put him into action aswell.

#3 Skaara Dreadlocks, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2011
  4. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

Name​

Boris
    [Birth Name
    Boris Shvidchenko
    Occupant
    University Stations Special Forces
    Clothing
    A black long sleeve shirt (arms rolled up) with a brown light armor chest peice, dark blue pants, and black military boots.
    Facial Hair
    Full grown beard
    Hair
    2 mm at back and sides and 5 mm on top
    Eye color
    blue
    Weapons
    Ak47 (silenced, scog scope, laser scope) Revolver (silenced, laser) marine core knife
    Bio
    [/COLOR]
    Boris Shvidchenko was born in St Petersburgh Russia before the war. He moved to the United States as a child and became a Marine Core Medical Officer for 5 years. Right before the war he visited his grandparents in St Petersburgh Russia. And during his vacation he visited Moscow. During a trip throught the metro the bombs fell. And he was sealed inside the tunnels. He started a new life in the University Stations and became a Special Forces Recon officer for the University Stations. He is a mysterious characte...​

#4 BORIS13, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2011
  5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Great, this is exactly what I was looking for! :D It's good to know more details about your characters now. You guys gave me a few new ideas and reminded me of some other things I forgot to include. I'm going to edit my character sheet (since this is a role-play, I think it would be appropriate to call it that), feel free to do the same. Just remember to also post a new comment basically telling everyone else that you've added something, so we can check back and see the changes. ;)

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Okay, I've finished updating my character sheet.

7. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Excellent idea, Bamul! It gets everyone's names into one thread for easy access, too!

Birth name
    : Steven (my real name)

Hair colour: Blond

Eye colour: Blue/Gray

Hairstyle: Ponytail (halfway down the back)

Facial hair: Light beard, dark brown

Other physical features: 25, medium build, thick eyebrows.

Clothing/Armour: Thick sweater (gray/brown), camo-pants (very faded), thick belt with a small knife, thick ex-Army jacket (very faded, now ripped down the back), ex-Army cap.

Weapons: Kalash, a small knife, and a very old/worn revolver.

Other equipment: Gas mask, flashlight (attached to mask), old canvas backpack, pretty empty at the moment (just a spare sweater, an old shirt, and a ragged blanket).

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Nice! He looks like the sort of person you'd see wandering the Metro tunnels. :D I might create my character in a game (such as Fallout 3 or New Vegas), pimp him out with some modded equipment and post a pic of him here. Thanks for the idea. ;)

10. BORIS13

i think we should add what stations we "live" or "lived in" during the roleplay.

11. BORIS13

I was born on the surface in st petersburgh and was in the university station when the bombs fell so therefore I live in the University Station! :D

#11 BORIS13, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2011
  12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

That's a good idea. My character was born on the surface and I haven't thought of which station he comes from yet.

13. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh, I'm from Exhibition, left just before Artyom wasted the Dark Ones. Now I'm a wandering merc with no experience and bad nightmares. :)

14. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

Character Alias: Mark Fedoseev
    Birth Name: Unknown
    Hair Colour: White
    Eye Colour: Grey
    Hairstyle: Neck long
    Facial Hair: Van Dyke
    Other Physical Features: Unknow age, but looks like he's somewhere around 30-40 years with alot of experience of the "new world". Got a small scar at his eyebrow, barley visible.
    Clothing/Armour: Mostly seen wearing a cold resistant dark blue jacket, along with some black carpenting pants with a lot of pockets.
    Does also wear Mountaineering glasses when walking in stations and tunnels. Can at very few occasions (in his own home) be seen with grey jeans and a dark green t-shirt.
    Weapons: Hellsing and a revolver with stock and silencer.
    Other Equipment: Gasmask, guitar, flint and tinder, mushrooms and some canned meat (if you'r lucky), flashlight, battery-charger, tuning fork, first aid kit and a pretty big backpack for everyday use.

Im not all to happy with the name so I might change it with time xD
    (btw, should we make this list in the RP group instead?)

15. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

That's a good idea, but then someone would also have to invite me and the other newcomers since that group isn't open.

16. Deimos

Deimos Well-Known Member

Character Name: Panther
    Birth Name: Unknown
    Home Station: Prospect Mira
    Hair Color: Slightly Grey
    Eye Color: Green & Blue
    Hair Style: Short Army
    Facial Hair: None
    Other Physical Features: Age between 35-45 years, trained in army as Medic, wears glasses.
    Clothing/Armour: Water-proof Jacket, Jeans, Canadians (boots) and glassses.
    Weapons: Magnum .44 with a good condition, machete.
    Other equipment: Millitary Backpack, Medic box, police flashlight and a Gasmask...

Since it was pretty fun making the character, we need to make a little story for every one ... So heres mine try:

I grew up in Dubki, It wasn't far from Moscow for me, since I was there almost every day.. The time I entered the army, I went to Afghanistan with my squad, my life changed. My squad was attacked by a huge patrol and only I survived. I was going to the cemetery and telling them how brave they we're and still are. The day the nukes we're launched, I luckily was at Moscow near a Metro Station and saved yourself easily. But sadly, no one from my family or my friends survived. So I was helping the others in the station called "Prospect Mira" to get a good reputation. And now, I'm just checking the tunnels of Moscow Metro for medical supplies, food and luckily a water. I never told anyone my real name, and the day I forgot it, I called yourself a Panther.

17. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

hahahaha!

18. Skaara Dreadlocks

How is that so funny?

19. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

lol i have no idea reminds me of roz panther erm imagine roz panther in those nazi guys i know u dont get it

20. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

Lol I would probably make a WHOLE NEW THREAD for it..... xD
    Yea I know, really overkill for all the people in here, but hey! It would be fun doing it ;)