Champs ruined by rework?

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by devonbomer, May 29, 2015.

1. devonbomer

devonbomer Active Member

I remember when trundle was reworked. I never tried trundle prior to and found the idea a bit agitating to experienced players. Has anybody here had an experience where a rework ruined a champ for them? Reworks are supposed to be for the better, but sometimes they take away more than they add to a champ.

2. Oddball

Oddball Active Member

There have been bits here and there that upset me, but the ones that irked me the most were Karma and Zilean. I know that they are the weird ones, and before they were reworked they weren't all that played-- but I miss Karma's shield nukes, and Zilean's almost unplayable now with the changes to his bomb.
    I suppose if I really want to get salty, I should be mad about Evelynn's changes. She and Twitch used to be my favorites, but the reworks to stealth, Oracles, and their kits were intense. They are still good, but not nearly as fun (or op) as they used to be.

3. superbobby

superbobby Active Member

The game has balancing issues that just makes me want to quit! Do you guys agree?

4. sheggy6

sheggy6 Member

I think Karma's rework after she was considered OP for a while at launch was a total bust. Making her feel really impotent as a support.

5. edesapa

edesapa Active Member

Well the first champ I've ever mained is AD Twisted Fate. That was back in season 1, when AP TF was non-existent. After the rework, he is not viable anymore as an ADC, but I don't think Riot ruined him, because I enjoy AP TF as well. Also, while she was a little boring, I liked to play AP Tristana. Now you can only play her as an ADC.

6. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

I really am not aware of any. I'm surprised someone mentioned Karma, since her rework only made her better. It really increased her potential. To be honest, I really think that Rito only made good things with reworked champions till now, though I'm still waiting for Taric's turn, haha.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I didn't really like karma before the rework but now I think she's a fun champ to play mid from time to time. A great option for support also.
    I think that old Katarina was really good, definitely better than current version.

8. Skuttie

Skuttie Well-Known Member
    Regular

Cassiopeia feels completely ruined by her rework. It's like they missed the entire point of her playstyle while redesigning her.

9. Kennypie

Kennypie Member

I'm not a big fan of the Ryze rework but that's probably because I haven't played him enough to get used to the new Q.

10. Darce

Darce Well-Known Member

Oh man, thank God AP Tristana and AP Master Yi are gone...

On topic:
    I think Riot destroyed Zilean with his pseudo-rework. They really dropped the ball on that one. Even though he's seen some competitive (rare) play in the last few months, I really hate the gameplay and the overall mentality of making everything a skillshot. Zilean was obnoxious to play against but he was fine, he had a lot of utility but had really weak damage to compensate, which naturally made him into more of a support, but they shouldn't have completely destroyed him like this :\

11. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

So many champs are ruined by the rework. I forgot who the recent one was though. I recently checked on PBE for fun and I noticed that Gangplank had some sort of rework. I haven't tried it out myself, but I don't really know what to expect.

12. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

Really hated it when Pantheon lost his game-wide jump. It was so much fun when you can jump to anywhere instantly and BAM. Dead champion, Panth for the win. I had to get fatter boots after that rework. But I guess it was for the good cause Panth being overpowered is bad for everyone involved.

13. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Heimerdinger. My main since beta, he never really needed any rework or touching. Three turrets, perfect rockets that auto-seeked out to counter out the fact the grenade was a skillshot, so instead of placing a turret, one auto skill, and one skillshot, they relegated his kit to two skillshots and half the power on his turrets. They also made his dance a bit more stupid (albeit funny).

Katarina. I loved my old Kat. Shunpo to Shunpo, reset to reset, when Shunpo did like 200+AP scaling, not the measly 75. It was easy to mop up for a quad and was seriously fun. Now, it seems like you have to put in so much more effort just to feel useful, or wait even longer into a fight to jump in.

14. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

Definitely the two-times reworked Gangplank. I used to like his late game critical scaling, but now... he's very, very worthless and demands a higher difficulty. Too bad I'm a man of simple mechanics, ha, ha. I now have two skins for it which I think of refunding. Yes, I haven't used ANY refund till now, because I'm a cheap ass.

15. Astdua

Astdua Well-Known Member
    Regular

From recent reworks I don't like the reworked ADC's for example. I feel like they are trying to make some champs more complex or with more over-loaded kits than they deserve.
    On the other hand the Sion rework was amazing, shame he isn't played enough nowadays.

16. Servace

Servace Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think they are trying to make more champs that see less play more playable. If you watch the LCS, poppy is now getting played more compared to last season.

17. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well.. of course, obviously that's the aim of reworks. Champions like Sion or Poppy were unplayable in the current meta, they needed them to be relevant since they were among the first champions made. Their skill kit was awful.

18. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

They were definitely niche picks pre-rework. AP sion used to do so much damage and was true nightmare fuel if you came up against someone who knew how to play it. But once league moved away from the snowball potential and changed into what we have now (ie: you have to be playing someone like Riven/Zed, ultra fed easy champs to snowball quickly.) the reworks helped them stay relevant. I personally loved Sion's rework as a top laner. Poppy's i haven't played much, I just knows shes still annoying and her ulti is hilarious.

19. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I personally feel like Sion is clunky to play with and boring, but I'm a mid lane main who loves champs like Ahri or Orianna so my opinion might be biased.

20. galactica

galactica Member
    Regular

Katarina definitely got murked, but I don't think it was due to the remake. I started maining her right before they did the remake, and I think she actually improved. She got a lot of tiny nerfs over time though that make her harder to play (my winrate with her went from 60% to 44% from season 4 to 5). I treat her as a special counter-pick to teams with no hard CC.