Quantcast

Caps names or not?

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by grinder, Aug 27, 2015.

1. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Hi guys, do you used your name on the videogame all in caps or just like normally do the first letter in capital and the rest in lower case? As you may know by default the game write it in capital letters. I've seen this topic on a blog and there were different interesting opinions about it and I'd like too see here what the members think about it. I always used the "normal" mode by the way.

2. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I usually write normally for my own name but I'll use all caps for my rival's name....along with naming them using an explicit word, especially when it comes to playing gold and silver since I hated that kid and refused to call him something decent XD

3. Krisibelle

Krisibelle Member

I always use all caps for all names. Myself, my rival, any pokemon. It just fits with the game, otherwise it looks a little weird to me when it's like everyone else's names are being shouted out, and yours is just being said normally. Weirds me out, lol :p

4. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

I'm a real Grammar Nazi and I teach English from time to time so I like my names all caps like it should be. It just feels wrong to use lower case like that this ain't poetry and you're not T.S. Eliot. LOL

5. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member Regular

I write all the names appropriately capitalized: first letter caps, the rest are not. It always irks me when I get Pokemon (like from a trade) that I CAN'T rename, because then they don't fit in with the rest of my team! Lol.

6. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member Regular

All caps bitch, I'm kind of lazy and it just looks cool anyway if they are all like that.

7. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Is writing the names in "normal form" (first capital, rest lower case) wrong in English?

8. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member Regular

A mixture of capitals and lower case letters. I like to live dangerously. It adds a little personality to my characters.

9. KyubiChan

KyubiChan Active Member Regular

I don't like when all the names were all caps, I am so glad that they changed that in the newer Pokemon games. I rather have the first letter capitalized and the rest lowercase, unless of course it has two names then the first letter in the second name would also be capitalized. I never understood why the names would be in all caps. It's like, if you went with a default name and you are reading chat it seems like the person is yelling out that name rather than just saying it.

10. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

I do my names in the proper format. I hate all caps or sticky keys because it looks obnoxious- just one of those pet peeves of mine. I can tolerate all caps if it's tied to a specific font but generally I personally dislike it.

11. ikarosalpha

ikarosalpha Active Member Regular

All caps was a bit aggressive, the voice in my head reading the text always yelled whenever I read a name in all caps. ^.^
    Normal formatting makes it look less forced, like you didn't actually choose their names, but they were theirs all along.

12. DanaFoxScully

DanaFoxScully Well-Known Member Regular

I always went for the normal format. All caps just seemed a bit... much :D

13. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

This is a question very relevant to me. I struggle with this decision in pretty much every Pokemon game I play. For the most part, I opt for standard format. I really like the look of the all-caps names in the earlier Pokemon games, but it seems sort of out of place in the newer ones.

14. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

I only stick with all-caps if I'm trying to speedrun anything, including Pokemon, and I don't do that very often. The rest of the time I need to spell / re-spell pokemon names properly. The English major in me won't allow me to put up with all-caps.

15. ToneyWatermeloney

ToneyWatermeloney Active Member Regular

I hate all caps names, but what I hate more is having to manually change the names into 'correct' ones when the other Pokémon don't have that.. ;;^.^

16. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

The all-caps naming is super annoying to me, personally. Call me a bit OCD, I guess, but I can't deal with everything being in CAPS.

17. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member Regular

I normally only do just the first letter capitalized, and the rest lowercase. I really can't stand things in all caps, so I prefer it to look neat and organized in that manner.

18. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Well-Known Member Regular

This is very true.

19. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member Regular

I normally don't use all caps when naming my rivals, I'm a bit lazy.