Camelot Bit worried about this game

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by Biffy, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Biffy

Biffy Active Member

I'm worried that it wont be what we all expect. Plus 2015 seems like a really early release date when they just funded the project. I'm sure they were already working on the game when they started the campaign, but I have my doubts and I really am not sure this game can do good. But then again, games come out yearly and some are made within a year or two, so I suppose it can be a great game.

2. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

I see where you're coming from with this. Games can take many years to make, but there's many great games that are made within a small time frame. These guys were obviously making this game prior to the kickstarter campaign and I believe they'll continue making it. The kickstarter campaign even has options where you can beta test the game, so it may not even be done by that point and time.

I think it'll end up being a great game, but only time will tell.

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I am sure if they need more time they will push back the release date maybe they feel like they can do a good job at a quicker pace. :cool:

4. meta_mach

meta_mach Active Member

I'm not worried by this, Mark Jacobs invested 2 million dollars into or said he was going to. So chances are they started development before the kickstarter campaign using that money. Assuming they release it during the holiday season 2015 it would have had around 3 years since the first trailer for development. When games like you said now come out once a year, 3 years could be considered an eternity to some publishers.

5. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I know it's been a long time, but the latest release date for the game is June 2016.