Quantcast

Best RPG on Steam?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by niightwind, Jul 21, 2015.

1. niightwind

niightwind Well-Known Member

As if my Steam wishlist isn't big enough already... Here I am, seeking out RPG games on Steam to add on to my ever-growing list of games that I must have. I love RPGs though, so I don't want to miss out on any good ones. I've been buying on Steam a lot more than I used to recently, especially because there's often so many great deals on there, so any that can be bought on there would be awesome to get suggestions for.

What are some of your favorite RPG games on Steam / ones you think are the best? :D

2. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

Well, me and a ton of other people would say Skyrim. So just go get it if you haven`t already. It will suck up at least 2 months of your life. :D

3. Gamepreneur

Gamepreneur Well-Known Member Regular

Honestly, it depends on what type of RPG's you're into, there is a variety to choose from on Steam. Some of the less Indie ones out there are ones like Skyrim as the user above has mentioned, where-as if you want to go a tad bit more Indie and go delve into a more true RPG, "The Legend of Heroes:Trails in the Sky" is highly recommended. it's about the most unique game out there that has an intriguing story and many manyyyy hours of game-play. Alternatively you can consider games such as the Agarest series which is a grid-based RPG game that has a "generations" system which allows you to essentially build a family over the generations and get unique abilities and skill-sets, with literally hundreds of hours of game-play. It's really my personal favorite for the length of game-play, at least!

4. niightwind

niightwind Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, definitely got Skyrim, haha. :) I'm looking for more indie ones, that are lesser known or only available through Steam to give a try. I'll look into some of the ones you mentioned, Gamepreneur, thanks for the suggestions! Agarest definitely sounds interesting, I'll take a look at that one first.

5. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

Definitely Skyrim. My all-time favorite RPG on steam. And I'm sure it will change when Fallout 4 launched. But I also like Fallout: NV and Mass Effect series on steam unfortunately ME 3 wasn't on steam.

6. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Well-Known Member

Though those games that I will recommend you are quite expensive, but they are really worth the price and will definitely interest you. :) ARK: Survival Evolved (27,99$), Victor Vran (17,99$) & also Elite Dangerous (49,99$).
    You can buy those games online and I think that the shipping is free or very cheap.
    http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/RPG#p=0&tab=TopSellers

7. Stalker

Stalker Well-Known Member

Mount & Blade: Warband is kinda underrated. The dev team was tiny and it definitely feels like the game was made on a tight budget, but the core gameplay mechanics still work fine. Fighting in the battlefield works really well and the feels really rewarding skill-wise. It's mostly a matter of overcoming the unpolished presentation, after that it's easy to love it.

There are also a number of very ambitious conversion mods available.

8. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I currently have my eye on a game called Underrail which is like a cross between Fallout and Metro 2033. The game is still in early access but it looks pretty good to me and once I get the money, I'll try the game out.

9. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

I reckon the Witcher, which is based on the Polish book about Geralt who is a mutant, and also a monster slayer in the game and nice one. The game will take around 50 70 hours to do as there are a lot of missions and also a lot of travelling around in the game, and the glitches occur less than the original version which came out in 2007. Dragon Age Origins is another one a save the world theme and have allies with you which makes the fights a bit easier, and feel like you are a part of the game and have moral choices to make in the game.

10. ISKMogul

ISKMogul Well-Known Member

While there are lots of games on Steam that fall into the RPG genre and are great games in their own right, I'm partial to Skyrim. The modding scene for the game has allowed it far outlive it's lifecycle, and it's still one of my favorite fantasy RPGs. Even the vanilla game is a great time sink for me.

11. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

Skyrim is turning out to be a real classic, you should always have it in your computer's backburner as the game has no end. Witcher is pretty good and I read that Underrail is gaining ground in the RPG community for it's awesome interface and banging graphics.

12. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

The new The Lord of the Rings game, I don't remember exactly what it's called.

13. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

There are too many RP games on Steam to say what is the best. So instead of listing one game, I will say the following are really fun:

- ES Skyrim
    - Wasteland 2
    - Grim Dawn
    - Fallout series

14. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member Regular

I'll go with a classic and say KOTOR. I believe it was available at the last steam sale. You really can't go wrong with Skyrim, though.