Quantcast

Best Persona title?

Discussion in 'Persona 5 Royal' started by Biffy, Aug 18, 2013.

1. sofia_sky

sofia_sky Member Regular

I've only played 3 and 4 (Golden) and I've gotta say that P4G is my favorite. The battle system was improved, the social links were a lot more interesting, and the pacing was much better than in P3

The story itself is very engrossing, and keeps you guessing until your questions are finally answered. The supporting cast is also better than the P3 cast in my opinion because they become genuine friends who care and look out for each other. It makes the long 50+ hour journey that much more satisfying in the end

2. Amilie

Amilie Member Regular

I started the Persona series with P3P. I've tried playing P2 but it was completely different from P3 and P4 so I gave up on it.

I like Persona 3 Portable version because there was a female protagonist option even if it didn't change the story much. I really liked the Persona 3 characters and since I haven't tried Persona 4 yet, I'll pick Persona 3 as the best.

Persona Q is quite fun as well with Zen and Rei.

3. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Persona 4 because with that game I had one of the best experiences ever in videogames. When I felt like crying when I finished it I knew that I just played something special.
    I'm hoping that Persona 5 replicates those feeling just a little bit.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I started out with Persona 3 and I liked it, but I was blown away by Persona 4. The story was really amazing, and the game altogether felt immersive and enjoyable.

5. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member Regular

I got in to the series quite late, about two years ago with Persona 4. But I have also played Persona 3. In my experience Persona 3 has the superior story and character arcs. But Persona 4 is just an overall more complete game in my view both are excellent but Persona 4 has a bit more polish, in terms of social links, dungeon navigation and the battle system. Admittedly the game can grind to a halt at points such as when you are needing to find clues to find out more info on Kanji and Naoto, before you go in to their dungeons

6. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

To be fair the game happens with Persona 3, too. The plot's pacing slows down to a crawl sometimes. It's just how these games are since they're "simulating" a boy's high school year.

7. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

Persona 2 definitely has the best story- if only because of how bat-shit crazy it can get as you play through the game.Eternal Punishment is the best for me since not only can you play as a female protagonist, but I can get my fix of Lovecraft in the game .

8. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

Personally, Persona 4 (Specifically, Golden on the Vita.) is the best in the franchise. I love the characters and story more than in Persona 3, and the gameplay is much more polished and fun to play in comparison.

9. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member Regular

P4A is where it's at. P4A does what every other persona did but with just a slight bit more cream to the crop. It's like the same game but with a touch more relevance.

10. Bakanyan

Bakanyan Member Regular

I've played all Persona games and without a doubt, I can say that I enjoyed Persona 3 the most. Persona 3 just had the right mix of right characters, leveling experience, enjoyable main story and fun side stories. I also enjoyed dungeons more in Persona 3 than any other game of theirs.

Persona 4 would come as a close second, but I think there were a few things off in Persona 4 as compared to 3 (the story didn't give me the same eerie feeling that it generally does in all other Persona games).