Quantcast

Best one to get into today?

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Zombie Lad, Aug 12, 2013.

1. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Well-Known Member

For the 3DS, you really can't go wrong with X or Y. They redesigned the game so new users could pick it up and play and dig right in and I've been loving it since I just got it over the weekend. I don't really have any GBA advice, but the later versions are usually the better versions according to friends.

2. Kevin Valerio

Kevin Valerio Active Member

I've played all of them except the ruby generation and Emerald seems like a good one to get into as it was way more engaging for me. Pokemon Black was also the most challenging Elite Four wise since the first gen.

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member Regular

I'd recommend starting with the earlier ones. They might be a bit out dated but at least you'll see what the whole thing started with.

4. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

Thats a hard question, but a beginner like you, I'd have to say start out with Leaf Green or Fire Red, and then Ruby or Emerald, then work your way up to the 3DS versions like White and Black, and X and Y. Trust me when you start playing, you'll become addicted.

5. flamingor

flamingor Well-Known Member

Pokeomn Pearl is the best last game they released. The newer versions are filled new stupid pokemons. Try this or even go back to Greenleaf/Fire red

6. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

X or Y, or maybe wait for the remakes..

7. megadelayed

megadelayed Active Member

Pokemon platinum and Emerald is the best I think. They are fun to play and have a very good storyline that will keep you entertained for hours.

8. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer Well-Known Member

X & Y is probably your best bet for now. It's gotten a lot better and it plays a lot better also but if you want to experience the original Pokemon vibe I suggest you get Platinum for the DS.

9. beccagreen

beccagreen Well-Known Member Regular

I agree. I think X&Y is probably the best one you can get now so far but if you've never played any of the other Pokemon games before then it's a good way to start off with the classics.