Beat New Vegas In 24 or 30 Minutes, Glitched or Legitimate?

Discussion in 'Fallout: New Vegas' started by troutski, Jul 16, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

2. Oblivious

Oblivious Well-Known Member
    Regular

I saw that when they posted it.
    It's definitely impressive but it also made me question the whole point of it. :p
    It's interesting to watch and shows some creative thinking on his part but I don't think there's much fun to be had when you speedrun. It just defeats the purpose of the game.

3. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

That is impressive but why would you want to speedrun a game like this? I thought most of the fun was exploring and doing their side quests rather than just run through the game.

4. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I totally agree with you. Speedrunning a game like New Vegas is just waste of good gameplay. These games are made, so that you spend hours upon hours on them, exploring every nook and cranny the game has to offer you.

5. troutski

Regular

Speedrunning is a challenge for most speedrunners, whether they're trying to find that random glitch that puts them at the end of the game, or they do something in minutes what is supposed to take hours.

6. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, I see nothing wrong with that, even if I don't agree with it. I'll admit it is amazing to watch someone take a game that lasts more than ten hours and beat it under an hour. That must take a lot of patience and trial by errors in order to be that good.

7. sbatz72

sbatz72 Active Member

I think it might have been a glitch in the system. I do not think there are too many games that you could legitimately beat in just 30 minutes of playing.

8. troutski

Regular

Did you not pay attention to the link? He's beaten the game both legitimate and glitched in under 30 minutes. You've never seen the world of speedrunning if you think a game can't be beaten in 30 minutes. Someone beat Skyrim in 40 minutes as the world record.

9. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

Huh. I didn't know they got it down to that short of a time. Speed running seems more like a challenge to oneself, then an actual way to play, but that's cool he managed to get it done so fast!

10. troutski

Regular

Some people have beaten shorter games in mere seconds with glitches. That kind of dedication to finding those exploits is admirable.

11. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member
    Regular

To be honest, we don't really notice how short the story in those game is when playing ourselves, since we will most likely get distracted by quite a few side-activities on the way.
    On the topic of speedrunning, it's not really my thing but I can see why people would find it entertainming.

12. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think it's kinda crazy to think that someone has beaten the game within such a short amount of time. Don't think it would be for me, personally.

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

24-30 minutes? For a reason I have a hard time to believe it, most likely it's a glitch of some sort. It's not humanly possible to beat the game in that period of time.

14. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

Just like it's possible to beat any other Bethesda open world game in minutes. Yeah, it's not surprising that there are glitches that makes you able to do that. It's still cool to see though.

15. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's no fun! What's the point in cheating to beat it in that short amount of time?

16. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member
    Regular

I mean it's cool, but I don't see the point of it. He basically defeated the entire purpose of the game and destroyed the atmospheric feeling the game gives. It's cool, but pointless.

17. ProNine

ProNine Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's definitely not fun to speedrun a game as your main focus is completing the game as soon as possible without actually appreciating it for what it is. However, the main point of it is to be able to boast and brag about the fact that you set a new record for the game, and that you completed it in such a short amount of time. Not fun though, not fun.

18. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well to be fair, the people who are speedrunning a game like New Vegas have very likely already played through the game before, likely multiple times. They probably don't have much content to run, so speedrunning it gives them additional value in the game.