Battleborn officially released!

Discussion in 'Battleborn' started by Patrickz, May 5, 2016.

1. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

The game is finally out! Sadly the player numbers don't look all that high, I'm worried that it might die down soon, similar to Titanfall or Evolve.

How's your gaming experience been post-release?

2. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hopefully it will pickup and this is just a sign of a slow start. I'm guessing it's because the theme is a bit overused at this point though and it's probably why overwatch will do better in my opinion, but I may be wrong.

3. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's going to be tough competing with overwatch. I wish they had released sooner so they wouldn't go head to head with overwatch right off the bat. I think it will have its fair share of players though.

4. krnd

krnd Well-Known Member
    Regular

I also don't have high hopes for the game but lets enjoy it while it lasts. I think they should have given access much sooner and to a much more bigger player pool.

5. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

From what I've read, Battleborn has actually beat Ratchet and Clank! It emerged as the number one game for the first week of May. Specifically, the PS4 version has sold more copies, as compared to the Xbox version of the game. Still, this is not a guarantee that Battleborn is safe already. Gearbox still needs to up their game and promote it to stabilise its sales.

As for us, the players, it's the time to show our support for Battleborn. I've been promoting the game to my friends already. If only I have the money, I would have given out free copies of the game to my friends and family as well, lol. Sadly, the best that I could do is promote the game, haha!

As for the player numbers or the match-ups, I didn't have any problem with it. I think it helps that I play during the time where most players are online. But yes, I've read people's complaints about the long waiting time sometimes.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think a problem with this game is the advertisement, I don't see Battleborn mentioned anywhere and I think that's gonna cost the game and Gearbox in the long run, maybe us too since there are not gonna be a lot of players. I guess the best thing we can do is tell our friends and play with them.

7. Seopril

Seopril Member
    Regular

I think this is spot on. I actually hadn't heard of Battleborn until I saw this post come up. I would be willing to try the game, but there's no trial available. I know a lot of people won't drop $50-60 on a game they haven't heard of no matter how cool it looks without some sort of trial period. Hopefully it gathers a large player base though, because it does look like a fun game.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

A trial would actually be quite good, something like a week to try out the game and see if you like it or not. It would be a smart addition by Gearbox.

9. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well it had been some time before I had head the name Titanfall, but it does bring back some visuals and osme memories. It really was a drop in the pan though.

10. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Well-Known Member
    Regular

I was actually thinking the same thing. This is also my first time to hear about this game even though it was released two years ago.

11. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love free games. I didn't play out much since it needs to be paid for after the release. But I hope they will do much improvement in it to deserve that pricing.