Battleborn Beta!

Discussion in 'Battleborn' started by mett1982, Mar 24, 2016.

1. mett1982

mett1982 Active Member
    Regular

Battleborn open beta is set to begin April 8th, 2016. Is anyone else super excited for this? I really can't wait to get my hands on this game and being able to play to Beta is going to be amazing! I will be playing on the PS4. PS4 players that participate in the open beta is going to achieve the first Battleborn DLC Pack 1 and have instant access to Alani upon release. Also, PS4 players will have access to the Battleborn hero, Toby during the Beta. How cool is that for Sony?

2. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

Looking forward to the beta as well. I`m really curios about this game and for some hands on experience with it.

3. mett1982

mett1982 Active Member
    Regular

Same here! The characters that are in this game all seem really interesting and look like a lot of fun to play. I was watching a video that introduced some of the characters and I think the first character that I'm going to play is Oscar Mike. He looks like a lot of fun and has some badass weapons and abilities as well. There are some others really cool characters like Phoebe. She rains down a hail of swords onto her enemies. Pretty cool!

4. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm kind of sad really since I only have my PC and Xbox. I really wanted those freebies for the PS4 players, lol. I hope Gearbox makes some freebies for us players in other platforms as well. Regardless, yes, I will be playing in the open beta! I am super excited for it as well. I'm hoping that our internet connection will be stable during that time.

5. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's also great to see that the open beta is available to everyone, not just pre-purchasers. That'll give people a good choice on whether to preorder the game or not after trying it out first.

daredevil likes this.
  6. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Looking forward to trying this one out. I just hope that they don't make lots of freebies exclusive because I tend to go in and out of genres and sometimes it sucks that I have to miss certain exclusives because of it. I'm glad I'll be around to get the freebies for this one this time around though.

7. Patrickz

Regular

Pretty sure any freebies will be cosmetic only, so there's nothing valuable lost.

DeeDee likes this.
  8. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Agreed, but if I get obsessive about this game I'll probably want to be have a complete collection and if not it will trigger my OCD lol. You're right though ultimately it's just cosmetic and hopefully they will release it again the future and if not then whatever.

daredevil likes this.
  9. daredevil

Regular

I'm just like you. In fact, right now, I'm super obsessing into the freebies I'm not getting, the character for the PS4 users and then the golden skin for those who pre-ordered. I don't have the PS4 and I cannot pre-order so yeah... It seems like I cannot get those. Although maybe there will be some people who would pre-order and sell their codes as well with some profit. Sigh... Of course, the price will be higher but if I end up wanting these freebies so much I won't be thinking twice about it.

[​IMG]

Who wouldn't want this? Sigh...

#9 daredevil, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  10. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Those look so cool and I want those too. It bugs me that my want for these extras contradicts my principles in not buying preorders but I suppose that is why they make it so tempting so people decide in favor of buying them early. I think it's more understandable to buy preorders for MOBAs though since these games tend to get fixed and molded into perfection as time goes by and the company making it is reputable anyway so I will probably take it into consideration if I really felt like the freebies were worth it.

11. Patrickz

Regular

Man, if only they had a Phoebe figure. I'd snap that up in a heartbeat.

12. Patrickz

Regular

Friendly reminder that the open beta has started! How's your experience with it so far? :D

13. daredevil

Regular

@DeeDee

Certainly, that's the aim of marketing, to lure us into buying stuff that we don't need. We're just very easy to tempt in their marketing campaigns, lol. Anyway, I still don't think I can preorder... That's the sad thing. And as @Patrickz said, there's still no Phoebe in that collection. Haha! If there is, I would find ways to preorder. Lol.

And yeah, I have played open beta. I have shared my opinion already about it in another thread! Have you guys tried open beta?

14. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes I agree lol. They really know how to get consumers. For me I'm more interested in digital content but even I can't deny that having the extra physical figures would be neat. I haven't played beta yet because I've been a bit preoccupied but I have been watching some gameplay on twitch.

15. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

How are you guys liking the beta. I didn't really get to play the beta and have enjoyed the release so far. How close to the release was the beta in terms of the characters and gameplay?

16. krnd

krnd Well-Known Member
    Regular

From what I heard from my plays played it and were so pumped for it, they seem to be rather disappointed and didn't want to give it another try. However I'd love for someone who played and was skeptical about it but later turned out positively surprised to share with us their opinion.

17. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

From the comments on the other threads it doesn't seen like it's doing as well as hoped but maybe it's just having a slow start. I'm still very much interested in this game even though not enough to make it a priority so hopefully it will stick around and ramp up by the time I get into it.

18. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's in a tough spot with Overwatch being released. It may take time to gain a following. People will always be interested in playing multiple MOBA games.

: video games