Ban happy developers

Discussion in 'Overwatch (MOBA)' started by Norjak71, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member
    Regular

I read that tons of people are getting banned from this game for no reason whatsoever. Do you think they are legitimately breaking the rules or do you know anyone who has been banned for doing nothing other than simply being "better" at the game than everyone else. I feel like people are getting reported for no reason whatsoever.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well people are getting reported but I don't think they're banning them based on that, the most logical explanation is that they got a hang on some cheats or litches that they abuse, usually new games take a while to patch those.

3. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Am I the only one who sees the incredible irony here? The game being called Overwatch and everything. I cannot help but make the correlation to the nanny state, and how we fear regulation and supervision in every aspect of our lives, yet here we are with a game doing it. Just thought it was kind of funny...thanks for sharing.

4. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

The only bans I'm hearing about are because of cheaters. They're banning TONS of them every day basically.

5. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've literally not heard of anyone getting unfairly banned. Pretty much everyone who has been banned was banned because they were using programs to cheat - and in that case they fully deserve the punishment that Blizzard gives them.

6. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I haven't read or heard anything like this. On similar MOBAs I do hear some complaints but often I think some of those complaints may just be a case of the players not understanding that they are being toxic. Although I do guess that some unfair bans will inevitably happen from time to time in any multiplayer game.