Bad habits?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by iShootRocks, Oct 8, 2013.

1. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm lazy. And it's bad for me. And also procrastination.

2. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Well-Known Member

I have a bad habit of being unorganized. I start out with the greatest ideals but seem to have a hard time putting everything in motion.

3. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

My bad habit is procrastination also. I always wait until the last minute whether it be changing a light bulb or paying a bill.

4. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am lazy. Incredibly lazy I don't pick up after myself so my room is a mess. I also procrastinate a lot which led to average grades in college. I want to change, I really do but I don't know where to start.

5. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

My bad habit is sadly smoking. It's really unhealthy and it start to cost a lot too. I began when I was 14 and I never stopped and here I am.

6. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I smoked for fours years although I quit it a couple of months ago with a help of e-cigarette. In addition I also procrastinate a lot especially with school work. In addition I eat too much fast food since I am lazy cook.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Procrastination always gets the better of me, but lately I've been managing just fine. I think it also has to do with my low self esteem, but I'm gonna achieve what I want soon!

8. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I tend to mess up my sleep a lot. I have periods where it's complete switch between night and day and it's really damaging to my social life. Does wonders for my gaming hours though. Luckily I'm employed now so I have more things to keep me balanced.

9. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member
    Regular

Cracking everything: back, neck, fingers, etc. Also overthinking. I often completely overthink even small things and blow them out of proportion and create stressful situation. Jusr how I'm wired though.

10. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

Motivation loss. I struggle to do anything haha. Homework, daily chores, ect. I'll do it because it has to be done but it's mentally exhausting. I'll start lots of projects but never finish them haha.

11. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm also a smoker... and I couldn't regret something more in my life, to be honest. I'm planning to quit this bad habit and only then can I call myself a "clean" person. :D

12. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

Procrastination, messy workspace (organized chaos!), and Mt. Dew. I should cut out the Mt. Dew and drink more water, but I just can't.

13. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I crack my knuckles too, that's a horrible pointless habit. I'm also addicted to chapstick.

14. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

My husband is a knuckle cracker, I can't stand the sound! :/

Oh, chapstick......I've elevated from chapstick to Softlips. I can't go anywhere without it. And if I cut back......oh my. Just......no.

15. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

My bad habits are:

1. Peeling my chapped lips, it's a habit I can't get rid of.
    2. Getting emotional over small issues.
    3. Always touching my hair.
    4. Eating unhealthy food when I'm stressed.
    5. Holding a grudge against people who have done me wrong.

16. DanaFoxScully

DanaFoxScully Well-Known Member
    Regular

I bite my nails quite a bit, and put everything off, which really isn't good.

17. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

My husband does this as well, bites his nails when they're long. I also noticed he does it when he's either stressed or has nothing else to do. So yeah, maybe take care of the stresses in your life to relieve the anxiety that's causing you to bite your nails. Or find something to keep your hands and teeth busy.:)

18. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I smoke so i consider that to be one of my worst bad habits as of now. I'm ashamed to admit it but I haven't taken many steps to combat it, and as of now the most I've managed is to just cut down which I guess is at least some form of victory for me. I used to smoke half a pack a day and I knew I'd just get worse at it if I didn't do anything about it so I made a conscious effort to count and minimize how much I smoked in a day and thankfully so far I've been successful.

19. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member
    Regular

Probably nail biting and not washing up plates after I'm done with them. I prefer to wash up a messy plate right before I need to use one. I remember in my first year of uni for a month, I bought plastic plates and cutlery really cheap so I could just chuck them in the bin after I used and not worry about any washing up

20. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member
    Regular

I smoke as well albeit quite light at 3 rolled cigs a day. It could be worth switch to e cigs or e liquid cigs. I know quite a few people now who use them, because they find the act of smoking pleasureable but don't want the annoying smell or shortness of breath that comes with them.