Avoiding Enemies

Discussion in 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' started by overcast, Sep 5, 2017.

1. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

This game has lot of points and traps where you may end up being prey of enemy. So I am trying to find out what are some of the ways with which enemies can be avoided. You can see that avoiding enemies is lot harder. What's your strategy to avoid the enemies?

2. kingcool52

kingcool52 Well-Known Member
    Regular

The best thing to do is to play a conservative playstyle where you try to avoid open areas, go from house to house checking every single bit and just try to avoid getting into too many gun battles. If you try to avoid open areas then you can avoid being detected by enemies. And by avoiding being detected by enemies then you can make sure that you do not have to get into too many gun battles. It's difficult of course especially when the area that you can play in gets really small.

3. overcast

Regular

This is true and that seems to be my strategy overall. I try to avoid getting seen. And this way I have avoided a lot of enemy attacks. Though it also requires me to be proactive. And otherwise it can be pretty harder to deal with the enemies. It's difficult indeed to play this way.

4. Meeseeks

Meeseeks Member
    Regular

If you can, record. Dying would always happen to me when I first started but every time I died from someone I didn't see I went back and checked and they were actually on my screen. I'm no where near perfect at spotting people now but better than before

5. KloeRinz

KloeRinz Active Member
    Regular

It's easier said than done. Avoiding will make the game boring too. My strategy is to stick with allies instead.

6. overcast

Regular

True. Avoiding does make game boring. But not avoiding also finishes the game too quickly. And leading to boredom eventually. So it's a mix of both that needs to be managed. And in that case it'd be reasonable to try it all out.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I try to parachute when only a few people are still left in the plane - usually there are better spots there and you're not as likely to encounter other people. I also try to loot as fast as possible, get a car and go to the high ground.

8. KloeRinz

KloeRinz Active Member
    Regular

It depends on your taste in the end. Some people prefer just charging, while others just play stealthily. Better do both depending on the situation.

9. overcast

Regular

I think CS is the reason why people prefer charging in and shooting whatever moves. So the same concept is applied here. I'd say it's not that bad though. I find it good enough and less boring.

10. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's definitely far more exciting than hiding in a corner.

11. Haroon

Haroon Active Member
    Regular

I usually try to pass every point very silently and smoothly.I like to go from point to point seeing my enemies silently.I just wait for the appearance of my enemies.Whenever I see any enemy, I just hit that and go for a next one.This is the way that I like to pass all the deadly traps and many dangerous points.

12. DavidLee

DavidLee Member
    Regular

I try climbing on rooftops to avoid enemies. Sometimes, I think a lot about combat avoidance playing SOD. I like fighting when it makes a difference. If I can clear out a room or town and it will stay pretty cleared out, I will spend hours doing that. With SOD though, no matter how many zombies I kill, they just keep coming. I wonder if they did that on purpose to get at that feel of the “neverending horde” that is the theme in most zombie movies. After several hours of gameplay though, especially since you don’t get loot from kills, I have started avoiding the hordes. I creep around quite a bit and try to avoid conflict.

13. overcast

Regular

I never tried rooftop. I don't think that's safe or avoiding worthy. Not sure who many buildings you can even skip like that. Some buildings can be but not all are possible this way.

14. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Well-Known Member
    Regular

This is just what I need to avoid enemies. Thank you for your tips, it helped a lot in my gaming experience.

15. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It is all about the stealth and the more that you get to know the areas the better able you are to avoid those traps. Even then though they still seem to sneak up on you at some times.

16. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Stealthy movement is important, and avoiding "hotspots" like the military base in the beginning of the match. Parachute into more isolated places if you can.
    Try to not run in the open too much.

#16 razer, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  17. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well I cannot really say that I use much of the parachute in order to avoid enemies per se, but yes that would certainly work as well @razer - I tend to get distracted with it though.

18. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, if you want to avoid enemy players ( or if you're just not a good player heh ), it's pretty much essential to avoid parachuting into hotspots in the beginning of the match. Otherwise, chances are pretty high that you're going to get gunned down in short order.

19. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well the best way to approach this is to sort of study your enemies.

20. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Each game i try and choose a different route in order to avoid enemies.