Attack of the many windows

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Concerns' started by TotalAaron, Feb 10, 2014.

1. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

I am having a strange issue where clicking on New posts like i do everyday for about a year (yay me) causes close to ten windows to open up showing the new post section i have no idea whats causing this but a remedy would be nice

Edit= cleared cookies to no avail
    Edit 2 electric boogaloo The website is showing as a virus infested hell hole in mcaffe?

#1 TotalAaron, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
  2. Skaara Dreadlocks

Uh, I have no idea o_O I'm not getting it, everything's fine for me.

3. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I've been experiencing this problem recently; though, it's not just for this forum, but for every website I go to and open it up as a new tab. Strange. Sometimes when I click the middle button on the mouse, it will open up one tab only, like it should, and other times it will open up five to seven of the same page.

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

You'd have to ask TotalAaron, he probably remember how he made it stop. All the tip I can give you is to try to restart your computer :p

Removing it might not be that simple though. When installing things, there's often a little check-box that they don't want you to notice, that says "Make Mcafee my browser homepage and #1 search engine". If you don't notice it, and manage to install without un-checking the box, like I believe I have, you might never be able to remove it unless you reinstall your Windows or whatever you use. I tried everything, and eventually gave up and moved the task to remove it over to my friend and my brother, who are both computer geniuses. But to no avail, the search-engine/homepage thing wouldn't go away despite their efforts. I think I have two or three of those overlapping each other now in my browser, and I just try to ignore it. I hate the people who made their search-engines like this on purpose, almost like a virus. I want to send them discriminating hate-letters with all kinds of fuzzle-words. :mad:

5. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

@Nuclear i fixed it by using a clean install of google chrome
    @Skaara if you pm me the details i can try and fix it for you

6. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

*shivers* Mcafee....

Well, I'll try a new installation of my internet browser to see if it works.