As a fan of the Star Wars franchise, is this game any good?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' started by OursIsTheFury, May 8, 2016.

1. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member
    Regular

Big fan of Episode 4-6, and maybe even 1-3. With the release of Episode 7 recently, I'm curious at how this game stands. Is it canon? Is it enjoyable? Is it tied to the main movies or is this a fan made thing with no connection to the main story whatsoever? What's this game like, for those who have spent hours of their lives playing this game? The trailers look promising, I just want to ask your opinions about it before I decide.

2. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

The story in the game is great, and the RP is excellent. There is a tone of voice-over work. As a fan of the lore, the big thing you have to remember is that the game is set in a very specific point in time. A lot of players were initiallly turned off by this because it is well before the time frame of the initial movies.

But overall, I give the game, at least the first few months worth of playtime an A+ as far as lore and story. They really are very precise with things... for the point in history where the game is taking place.

But the real problem with the game is endgame (which you can play for many many months without reaching). The game lacks as a MMORPG because there just is not fun endgame content. But that is fine for lore-junkies because you can level multiple characters and explore the story from many different angles.