Art Direction

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Media' started by majnu, Jan 2, 2016.

1. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

If anyone has contact with 4A which is the correct art direction were they were going for in these screenshots?

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

#1 majnu, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2016
  2. Skaara Dreadlocks

Well, it's darn diddely doo good to see you too again, Majnu! :D How long've you been gone now? And you just come barging in with an everyday metro-post without even saying hello? :p

As for the question itself, I can't understand it because you've phrased it a little strangely.. I see the difference in the pictures, but could you rephrase your question? :confused:

The bright screenshot has "ColorLookUpTable" disabled, and the dark screenshot has it enabled. But I don't see much difference in colors, just in the brightness..

#2 Skaara Dreadlocks, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2016
  3. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

I lurk most days because there is no news of another Metro game :(
    But hello how are ya? :p

Basically I calibrated my monitor so that it has accurate colours. This is stored as a 3d lut profile and loaded into reshade which is supported by Metro Last Light/Redux.

The two screen shots show one where the profile is activated and one where it is not. Where It's activated is supposed to be accurate however it looks too dark, compared to the other picture. Therefore I wondered if this colour/art direction is the way the game is meant to look?

If not then I think that there is something wrong with the 3D LUT I created if it is meant to be brighter like the first picture.

4. Hey Majnu. Come join our skype thing, my account is komodo_nameless, add me and I'll place you into out conference chat.

I'll send a note to the devs, but I don't suppose we will get a reply soon. Christmas/new year vacations and all that.

5. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Hi Komodo

I did send them an email also and have had a reply just this minute :D

To which I replied:

#5 majnu, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2016
  6. Skaara Dreadlocks

Thanks for mentioning the forums :)
    I'm not familiar with all this color-calibration stuff at all, but one simple thing I have in mind:
    The Redux versions are brighter than the original versions. If it's taken in Redux then the first pic, which is "accurate", might be more similar or completely similar to the lighting from the original 2033 game? Perhaps Redux's light-editing is "neutralized" by your calibration, and this is the reason that it's accurate and still very dark? I doubt it's that simple, but it could be a possibility.

And I'm very good, thanks for asking :D Forum is slowly but surely dying, but it's a chewy bastard that won't give in so easily. (Us, that is :D)

7. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Hopefully if there is another Metro game this year then the forum will be more active again but if it is a new IP then make sure that there is something dedicated for it.

The devs reply confirmed that there was something wrong and it was too dark so the profile that I made again matched his description.

Like I said in the email to them that one of the pictures was too light and it made using the flash light useless as I could see everything without it.

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

Hopefully, indeed, but haven't you heard that 4A has vaguely said that they won't be doing anymore Metro games in the near future? With that in consideration, and the soon-to-come game being a space sim or w/e it was, I doubt there'll be any new metro game soon, if ever at all. :sad:

9. DaDeadlyCheese

DaDeadlyCheese Well-Known Member

didn't they say in an interview that they were still working on metro?

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Sorry for not adding anything new to the thread - just wanted to say it's good to see you checking in here, Majnu. :)