Quantcast

Are you waiting for something innovative?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by FuZyOn, Sep 7, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

The whole shooter franchise is kind of stagnating, there's nothing too innovative coming up. Do you think Ubisoft are going to come up with something new?

2. Codygr89

Codygr89 Member

I've honestly been waiting for an MMOFPSRPG... There was what? Skyfall or whatever it was called and that game was just terrrrrrible. I think Aeria games had one in the makes and it looked awesome but it was canned.

If they do this right and don't rush it (which it looks like they are rushing it) it could be a great game.

3. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

It doesn't have to totally revolutionize the genre, but I'd like to see them at least take what's already out there and perfect it.

I'd take a very solid 3rd person MMORPG that may not be loaded with innovation, but enough that I feel it improved on the genre in someway. I think mixing the RPG elements with a shooter is a good start, and I like the idea of the multiplayer Dark Zone.

It's not necessarily new, but it seems that it'll be well executed. That's good enough for me.

4. FuZyOn

They can really come up with something new in the multiplayer mode. They have a shooter with RPG elements, surely they can add some fresh features and perks! :)

5. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Not with a triple A title, I don't. Ahah. But seriously everything they've showed was far from innovative but I don't think it really needs that. The game just needs to be really well done as it is when it launches. What they showed so far is already very good in my opinion, just a solid coop shooter with a very interesting scenario. So they just need to show more content, but there's still time until the release.

6. FuZyOn

The problem here is that they have a shooter which is already a pretty generic genre, they have to add new mechanics to stay relevant in the market. People are getting bored of continuosly shooting (well, not all but a lot of them are).

7. Cyborg Superman

Maybe I'm drinking the kool-aid, but the one video where your teammates are reacting in real time to what is happening just blew me away. It seemed like a game play video and not a trailer, and it certainly didn't seem scripted. They were basically giving you instructions as crap was hitting the fan, saying to duck here and what not.

That seemed innovative to me, having NPCs react in real time to events in the game. Of course I only saw a video and didn't experience it, but that fully immersed me into the game. We will have to see how that plays out when we finally get to play it.

8. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member Regular

It's ubisoft so no.

9. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Well-Known Member Regular

Ubisoft usually does the exact same checkpoint/radio tower thing over and over, and they're part of the reason the shooter genre is stagnating. There's lots of innovative FPS games like Superhot, Rust, Titanfall, Etc. They don't usually do as well as Call of Duty or Ubisoft FPSRPGS due to mass advertising and brand name. So to answer OP's question, there are lots of varied and unique FPS games, they're just covered up by huge franchises and companies.

10. Cyborg Superman

But doesn't that checkpoint/radio tower thing work though? I mean, how would you make that better? To me it doesn't mean that you aren't being innovative, it just means that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. I don't have a problem at all with that kind of checkpoint system.

11. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

I don't expect anything too innovative. They tend to do the same thing and it already looks like quite a few games already out.

12. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

I think Ubisoft might have a few tricks up their sleeves. Or at least I hope they do. From the get go the game felt innovative and refreshing. Hell, the game felt new. And that is not something we often see in the world of modern gaming.

13. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I still want to play this even after all of the games that came out during the time that has passed since the first announcement. If that means something, it means that there's still a place for The Division. :D

14. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

I feel ya. A lot of games has come out though, and a lot of good ones as well, but like you said, if I still have a strong desire to play The Division, that means they're doing something right.

15. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member Regular

Do I want it? Yes. Am I waiting for it? No, not really. I feel like waiting for it is just setting yourself up for disappointment. I would absolutely love it if they put in something innovative, but if they don't, then.. I'll just deal with it, I suppose.

16. JC_224

JC_224 Active Member Regular

I think that if the game can execute the core concepts it has shown thus far well and keep things fresh enough to avoid the feeling of repetition, the game has succeeded in it's purpose. The aspect of Destiny I hated the most was that many of the missions and 'raids' that you participated in were very similar to each other. There needs to be either some unique story type missions or enough customisation options/loot to be discovered in the world that you can constantly evolve your character and play them based on your own preferred style.