Quantcast

Are you down with RPGs with multiple endings?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by lindbergh, May 22, 2014.

1. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

Yes! I always love games which have multiple choices, especially if those choices have repercussions and they lead to different endings. I think that means that there's a style suiting everyone in those games, and it just prolongs the freshness of the game, even after one full playthrough.

One game that did this correctly (not an RPG, though) is Grand Theft Auto V. It's a fantastically-crafted game with a lot of different options during missions. That's why I'm still playing it and still finding new things, even on my third playthrough!

2. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

Yep I'm definitely down for multiple endings. I really enjoyed Fable and the only reason I played it again and again was the different choices I could take in becoming a hero or villain. Pretty great game as of writing I already miss it.

3. ConureKeeper1990

ConureKeeper1990 Active Member

Yes, I absolutely love multiple endings! It makes me feel like the decisions I made actually impacted the course of the story. It adds to the replay value which is awesome too. That's one reason why I love Dragon Age and played through the games many times.

4. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Well-Known Member Regular

I like the idea of multiple endings. Bio shock I believe has multiple endings. Even if there is only one true ending I don't think this will cause others to ignore the rest of the endings. There will be people who only care about true endings and if your that type of person than that's ok. But there will always be a portion of people that think ,what if?? What if I did this or that? Those multiple endings kind of help to solve a psychological need to have some of those questions answered. And if the game has a good plot, great characters, ect, why not play for some alternative endings?

5. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

I like games with multiple endings a general rule if it follows one simple guideline: The game must not be a long one. I don't really mind if it's short, or takes a few days to beat...However, I speak of the games that take forever (For instance, in my case, the Devil Survivor Endings).

6. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

Multiple endings are why I replay certain games haha. Generally small shifts in storyline make my day as well with character interactions, ect.