Are you buying WOW Legion before launch?

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by Azrile, Apr 15, 2016.

1. gats

gats Well-Known Member
    Regular

I bought the last xpac and I was sick of it after a couple weeks. I don't feel like buying anything else from them.

2. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

You couldn't have gotten through much of the content in just a couple weeks. Unless you had a lot of free time on your hands. Did you read anything on the upcoming xpac? Judging one based upon the other isn't really an accurate measure of how the game will be.

3. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

You could level to max level in about 20 hours without really much effort. I will admit I straight quested and did not do much exploring, but just by questing and doing the world quests when I bumped into them, I was at cap at around a week. Some people were able to do it in a day.

I think that is one of the areas where WOW went wrong. They just spent less effort on the leveling experience, which in WoD was pretty bland, other than the first and last zones, there wasn´t any compelling store or interesting quests.. it was mostly just pretty generic kill quests.

I was like the post you quoted, a week of questing, another 2-4 weeks of doing endgame stuff before I realized how obvious and structured the grind was.. it is just not fun when the grind is that in your face. I just said to myself, do I really want to do this same thing for 4 months for gear that will just get deleted as soon as the patch comes?

4. jalikam

jalikam Well-Known Member
    Regular

No. I will not pre-order it. I would wait for the release and I will also watch for the gameplay before ordering it.

5. jalikam

Regular

At first, it will cost higher but it would be really fun to play the game on the first day. I would also buy if after a week (after the price-drop).

6. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Didn't know that it only takes a week for the price to drop and if that's the case then it's even better. I agree that it is much more fun to play it brand new though and I wish I could bring myself to spend for it but at this point I think I'd just rather spend on other games.

7. jalikam

Regular

So, which games are you planning to spend the money on? Can you please name some interesting ones?

8. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

At this point I'm planning on spending money on overwatch and battle born but even those I'm kind of still waiting a bit for the game to build up more content especially additional characters.

9. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

It doesn't. Unless you are silly enough to buy keys through shady third party sellers.

10. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, I was going to say this also. A best case scenerio is you might see sale on it after about 6 months, but even that is doubtful. But that is comparing it to WOW´s past. I think this expansion is going to be the first non-big seller and they may put it on sale sooner, but definitely not the first month or two.

11. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Looking back on things I am glad that I never really got into the whole buying before it came out and all of that hype stuff. I tend to get my hopes up too high as it is, so it is probably good for me to avoid that.

12. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Well-Known Member
    Regular

Nope. I wait until the price drop, so that it is more light in my wallet.

13. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have yet to decide but i think i'll wwait a bit

14. Bravosi

Bravosi Well-Known Member
    Regular

i bought wow many years when it was burning crusade still, 60 days for a huge amount. i think they should've gone b2p

15. xyrene

xyrene Well-Known Member
    Regular

It depends though, since I'm not too keen about it at the moment.