Quantcast

Are you buying Pokemon X and Y?

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Oakster, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Oakster

Oakster Well-Known Member

The games are coming out tomorrow, who is getting them and which version are you getting?
    Sadly I'm not getting it yet since I haven't bought a 3DS yet so it's a bigger investment than just getting a game...

2. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Well-Known Member

I don't have a 3DS myself, so no point of buying it for me. But even that aside, I didn't find the new ones all that appealing. This one does seem to have a lot positive hype on its side.

3. mevsthor

mevsthor Active Member

I feel the same way. My friend let me barrow his 3ds the other day and the game really isn't all that cool. I'm more of a fan of the original.

4. Zerth

Zerth Member

I'd love to get the X And Y with all the mega evolutions and new Pokes, but sadly, you need a 3DS which is annoying, to play a game you need to buy something worth hundred of dollars.

5. chartedlife

chartedlife Member

I bought Pokemon X with a blue 3DS Xl, I really enjoy the game and would recommend it to anyone on the fence about it. It is probably the best Pokemon I have played to date.

6. Oakster

I've been playing a lot and it's probably my favorite Pokémon game to date.
    The new online features like Wonder Trade are great, it helps to make the community feel much closer.
    Takes about 1 minute to catch something cool, set it on Wonder Trade and get maybe some japanese Pokémon that you are missing in your collection.
    Very cool indeed.

7. ddrmario123

ddrmario123 Member

I'm going to buy Pokemon X because of its mega evolutions, I prefer them over the Y version. But Yveltal looks really cool compared to Xerneas. I was thinking about getting it after I finish Pokemon Black 2.

8. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

If I had a 3DS I would defiantly buy this game, but since I don't I am not going to buy one just for one game no matter how good people may say it is.

9. KKrage

KKrage Well-Known Member

Nope, I'm not buying X and Y. I don't have a 3DS or a 2DS so there is really no point buying it, it's just a waste of money for me. Also, the new DSs are really expensive and I probably can't waste that much money.

10. I have bought Pokemon X and I would definitely recommend it if you do have a 3DS/2DS or were considering buying one. It has been one of the best games of the series so far and probably my favourite to date.

I got X as I preferred Xerneas to Yveltal and also because I liked the Mega Evolutions you could get from X like Charizard.

11. Oakster

The only thing I disliked in X is how the exclusive Mega Evolutions (Mewtwo and Charizard) change their typings, to Psychic/Fighting and Fire/Dragon, that would really throw me off, so I'd rather keep it simple and go for the Y version :)

12. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Well-Known Member

I ordered Pokemon X this week and I get it today. I can't wait to get home and play it tonight! I'm so excited, but I have to sit through a few more hours of work before I can catch them all!

13. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

I actually already downloaded the ROMs for both X and Y, I thoroughly enjoy them, If you haven't already, I'd suggest you run out and pick up a copy.

14. flamingor

flamingor Well-Known Member

Nah, I stopped buying new Pokemon games after the pearl/diamond series. The new pokemon are just not as lovable as the old classic ones :(

15. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Naw, I figured that this upcoming ruby/emerald remake was going to happen so decided to wait it out for that..

16. UObeki1

UObeki1 Member

Im buying it because the legendary pokemon look interesting.

17. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

I don't really have any intention to buy X or Y. I mean, before I did, but now I'm more concerned about the Omega and Alpha games; Especially Omega Ruby. However, like many collecters, it's only a matter of time until I do manage getting around to getting those games.

18. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

I bought both X and Y for someone else, although I never bought either for myself. I got them for $40 total rather than $40 each, which was pretty nice.

19. Kittyworker

Kittyworker Well-Known Member

Same though I think I spent $20 at a yard sale for both. I feel like I've been left behind by the Pokemon series. I played Red and Blue and I think I probably got burned out of the franchise because of how much I played those. The last Pokemon game that I bought for myself was Pokemon Snap.

20. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

Nah, I didn't buy it but I borrowed it from my friend. Don't have enough money at that time when it came out. Good thing my friend loves pokemon.