Anyone who still plays chess on their PC?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Mildredtabitha, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I used to play chess on my PC. What I liked was that there was a help button that educates you on everything you need to know about chess. After a short time, you become a pro.

Since I didn't have anyone to play with, I decided to play with my computer so it automatically plays after I play. The computer always wins when you play chess with it. I wonder if anyone has ever defeated the computer after chosing to play chess with it.

Do you still play chess in PC or do you play it physically with someone?

2. Lewis Ngata

Lewis Ngata Active Member
    Regular

I am a huge fan of chess and as such I had to install it on my PC. I have always been fascinated by games like chess and mahjong which require skill, patience and critical thinking. Like you, I relied on the help option in the game to learn all the moves before playing but I eventually got pretty good, so good that I did start beating the computer. However, this all depends on what difficulty setting you're using. I haven't been able to beat the computer on a hard setting which makes me want to polish my skills further. I use the lichess program for all my chess gaming because it allows me to participate in tournaments against different chess players all over the world. It's a free website where you get to have fun, learn and measure your skills against others so really, what's not to love? I also play physical chess with my friends once in a while, when they are available that is.