Anyone still playing Rift?

Discussion in 'Rift' started by Lucky120, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Lucky120

Lucky120 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hello Anyone on here still playing Rift? I am still playing on and off, because I am Dark Souls II, but anyways I just wanted to know if anyone is still playing. I really don't see much on the forum about the game, so I decided to check in to see if anyone else is still playing and liking the game? I am looking for some people to play with, but I am still on the just getting started point.

2. KNH

KNH Well-Known Member

I stopped a while back because my friends did too...I should go back and play it for a while. Maybe I'll get addicted again :D

3. Lucky120

Lucky120 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah I stopped, but I am going back to it. I am on Dark souls II so much now that I forget about the game. I hope to be back on there soon. One thing though I actually had just kind of started, so I am still within the first few parts of the game. I am sure going back to play more Rift. Yeah I am sure I will get addicted again too.

4. Catalyst64

Catalyst64 Well-Known Member

I started playing it yesterday, mainly because my laptop has a bad graphics card, but there are definitely still people playing it. There was this huge mob earlier today in a low level area and there were a ton of people trying to kill it. Fun game.

5. BrokenDownFlier

I've managed to stick with Rift for a couple weeks now--which is almost a record for me when it comes to trying new MMORPG's. I'm on the Greybriar shard running around as a lvl 23ish Marksman Guardian. We'll see more people come back next week after they release the 3.0 Nightmare Tide expansion.

6. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I played it for awhile and then stopped for no particular reason. It's a decent game without any major, major flaws. I would consider going back down the road.

7. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

I tried getting back to the game just for the sake of amazing combat if not for anything else, but I couldn't. I have to play other games as well, so I moved on.

8. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

Dark Souls has replaced a lot of games. I am obsessed with that game. I really play that most of the time I allocate to gaming.

9. missbee23

missbee23 Member

I enjoyed Rift for a little while. I thought that they at least had a unique aspect (rifts). However, the color palate was what did it for me. Everything has a purple undertone, and it is a little depressing. I was used to the rich color palate of WoW, so I really had a hard time with it. I would play it again if I had some friends who play.

10. Corten

Corten Well-Known Member

I wanted to start it again, seeing it's winter break, along with other games, but I'm just too lazy to download it. It was quite a fun though, while I was playing it. I had no money to pay for WoW subscription, and Rift was an excellent replacement.

11. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Well-Known Member

I haven't played it yet. It's still to early in development for me. I'll wait until it hits the main stream at a fair price. I can see the potential in it and I hope it does well.

12. LodTroll

LodTroll Member

I remember this being a great game, used to play with a few clan mates from other games. I'd give it a shot once more. What do you guys think, should we start together with fresh characters and make a MMORPG forums group? Could be lots of fun, and I'd need the incentive of company to be encouraged to play it again.

13. fliktor7

fliktor7 Well-Known Member

I never played this game but once I heared it was great. Now, with the new free to play model, I may give it a try. The idea of combine various skills and professions sounds great for me, I love to customize my characters to the maxium.

14. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

I stopped playing Rift a while back, no because it was a bad game. It's just that there is not much to do once you reach the max level. I am playing Elder Scrolls Online right now and loving every moment of it.

15. Mika

Mika Member
    Regular

I started playing but could only stick with it for a few weeks. I'm not really sure why but it just felt like I had no draw to play the game. It had a lot of features I liked and it was a beautiful game. I also had a pretty active and friendly guild. But I just couldn't get into it. It's unusual of me to stop an MMO so quicky, especially when they have so many qualities I like.

16. tournique

tournique Well-Known Member

I stopped a while back and got back to WoW. Seems like I can't break off this addiction no matter what.

17. Charmeuse000

Charmeuse000 New Member

I just started playing Rift recently and I am enjoying it immensely. I've been playing since around April of this year. My favorite part of the game is the highly detailed and intricate dimension styles found in it. Just a month ago I started with a completely blank Dormant Core dimension and it's turning into a gorgeous layout of plants, trees, water features and little mossy cottages. I would recommend the game to anyone that wants to try it out. It's also one of the better free to play games available.

18. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I`m playing Rift on and off. I usually play it when I have nothing else to play offline. I really like the game, it gives you plenty to do, does not have huge system requirements and is really flexible, in allowing you to play whatever crazy class-combo you want. Definitely one of the best F2P MMOs out there.

19. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

I'm not, I did for a while but then I quitted since ArcheAge was taking away from me really a huge amount of time. Also the things I didn't really like of Rift was that it was really PvE based and that's the exactly type of game that I get sick of pretty fast to be honest.