Anybody else wish the next metro game

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Darkjolly, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Darkjolly

Darkjolly New Member

Plays like a giant version of the Kshatriya DLC? I mean huge giant open world where you can explore the dangerous metro or even more dangerous above ground. Non linear etc.

2. Derrame

Derrame Well-Known Member
    Regular

i would really like to see more of the surface, the post apocaliptic moscow, but i think metro is more about the metro network, the tunnels, the unique atmosphere inside.

besides, this games are so original because the russian vision of the post apocalyptical world, very different from other games of the genre

but i think exploring the surface is awesome too

3. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I think it would be great if you could create your own station and slowly build it up while, at the same time, protect it from other players who will attempt to raid it. You could make it a Bandit station, Reich, Reds, Worm people, Commons -anything- and have your friends visit and protect you. Of course, in order to make your station larger, you would have to either scavenge for material up on the surface or trade/raid neighboring stations.

#3 NuclearWastE3, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
  4. Derrame

Derrame Well-Known Member
    Regular

i'll create my own station with blackjack and hookers

5. Dogpatch

Dogpatch Well-Known Member

Gotta love the (though very limited) open-world aspect of the Kshatriya DLC. Makes me wonder (hope) they were trying it out to see if it could work for a future open-world Metro game, which would just be unbelievably amazing. And scavenging for all kinds of supplies would be an awesome continuous side-mission (to support your home station, sell to traders, etc.). I wouldn't expect a heap of different quest lines like Fallout games or anything; I think a single main mission taking the player through the metro works for this, but the Metro world is definitely begging for expansion through an open-world game...

6. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

I have been pushing that since the Faction pack came out :D

7. Autumnal Wanderer

Autumnal Wanderer Level 28 Ranger

Open world Metro game, would be my favourite FPS of all time. I think Artyom's story pretty much ended with LL no matter which ending would be canon so I think it would be nice to have a some sort of character creation, and make your survivor thing. I think for an open world game should change the filters general time, because we would spend out days builting up a shelter, or a hideout for ourselves, with traps, and such. Inside lockers, ammo-s, weapons, and food, water, or any other drinks. I would like to have some kind of hunger and thirts system like in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and almost forget to mention the sleep.

8. nomotog

nomotog Member

I have wanted an Non linear open world metro from the very first game. The idea itself isn't really that complicated like you said it would basically play like a giant version of Kshatriya. My general story idea would be for the player to play a nameless(or nicked named) stalker at a hanz station. We haven't' seen too much of the hanz and the way their stations operate could help gameplay. They take away your weapons at the door, giving a logical reason why the player can't just shoot the place up, and have a strong economic bent.

You could have some open exploration zones that work exactly like Kshatriya and then have some missions kind of like the spider mission from the chronicle pack. I would also like big customization element based around buying gear.

#8 nomotog, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
  9. Arvis

Arvis Member

I would like to see Metro universe in an open world setting where you can explore stations, land and do quests for random people, find rare weapons and so on. That would be an amazing experience.

10. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well now that the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games are pretty much dead it would be nice if the next metro game would feature a variation of open world gameplay without hurting the story and themes of the previous games. The survival mechanics are all there just fine so I'm sure they would blend in just right as well.

11. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I could go for some open world content in the next game, though I'd prefer things to stay in the metro with only occasional travels up top.