Any word on sequel(s)?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by troutski, May 4, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I know that the developers mentioned having some sequels planned for the Metro series, but I haven't heard anything since. Likewise, information seems relatively scant on the Web, at least recent updates on the series. So what's going on?

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Judging by the current situation in Ukraine (it being one of the reasons why 4A Games relocated its HQ to Malta) and the management's pro-Maidan stance in the past, I doubt we will see a continuation any time soon. But you never know. After all, capital is international. Besides, Glukhovsky hasn't really been a good little patriot.

3. troutski

Regular

You make some valid points. I should have guessed that the current likelihood of a sequel was pretty slim. That's just depressing nonetheless. :/

4. XKaan

XKaan Active Member

They put a development studio in Malta so they can work without interruption.

There was a podcast recently with the author of the Metro books, since 2035 is being released. They specifically asked him if he knew anything about a new Metro game, and he said yes it was in the works but 4A wasn't planning on releasing it until 2016.

Good and bad news t the same time! I'm DYING to see what they do with a new Metro game, and I was hooping for a holiday 2015 release.

Oh well - maybe we will get an open-world style Metro game that will be worth the wait! Even another linear one would be fine.

4A - are you listening? Your dedicated fans need SOME kind of info soon!

5. Arvis

Arvis Member

I thought Last Light was the last game they will develop in Metro series.
    But I would totally love it, both 2033 and Last Light had an amazing atmosphere, game felt so alive.

6. tinklemute

tinklemute New Member

Alright all, new here but saw this on youtube and felt it was relevant. (the channel belongs to a 4A Dev btw)

[​IMG]

seems I can't post URLs yet :/

So it seems like they won't be at E3, which is disappointing. Chances are we won't hear about the next metro till 2016. Reckon it'll be worth the wait, a more open world Metro sounds terrific.

7. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's a no brainer they will make another Metro game. Give it a year more or two before they announce it I mean they recently released the improved versions of the two games and they have been quoted before as saying that they have more Metro games in the cards.

8. troutski

Regular

I could go for either a linear or open world Metro game whenever the next one comes out. I'd hope for a 2016 release, though it seems more likely that a 2017 release in the Spring is going to happen. Who knows, though? I guess we may not know a single detail until next year.

9. superbobby

superbobby Active Member

Two years is too long! I hope it is worth the wait.

10. troutski

Regular

I still haven't heard anything new, but it hasn't been that long since we all chatted. I'm assuming we'll see a game in 2016 or 2017. For me, Metro is one of the more interesting game series due to atmosphere and a few other aspects.

11. troutski

Regular

I've grown more keen on an open world sequel for the Metro series. If done properly, then it could be like the Fallout series but completely different in tone and features.

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Sounds good, though I'd prefer a mixture between S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Fallout. Both games are great, but in an open world Metro game I'd like to see slightly more role-playing elements than in Stalker and much less boring looting than in Fallout.

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Wow, I think we'll probably see a demo of the sequel at E3 2016 but that's about it. We're going to have to wait a while before we'll hear some news.

14. MetroMan

MetroMan New Member

Damn dude, why doesn't anyone care to experience Hunters story that they skipped to continue Artyoms story in Last Light(2035). Nobody has ever brought that up.

A game called Metro 2034, Hunters story is already there. In fact, if they wouldn't of skipped Hunters story to continue with Artyom, that would of made time for better development for Last Light overall. That would be a bad ass trilogy.