Quantcast

Any interest in a Zelda game that doesn't feature Link?

Discussion in 'The Legend of Zelda' started by Scurventery, Jan 15, 2014.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

It would be quite weird to not see Link around but I wouldn't say no to a release that focuses completely on Zelda and the likes, it would be quite refreshing.

2. Jboh

Jboh Active Member Regular

Link is so iconic to the Legend of Zelda franchise that I don't know if I could even imagine a Zelda game without him in it. I would be totally down with a spin-off that doesn't feature Link, but I'm not too sure about any of the main titles excluding him.

Camsdad's princess idea does seem pretty neat though. :)

3. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

If Princess Peach can have her own game, then I don't see why Zelda can't either. Just so long as she uses actual powers and not the powers of her...emotions *rolls eyes*, then I don't have a problem playing this.

4. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Yeah it would be cool. I'd like a Zelda game with Zelda as the main character. Or since Nintendo made Linkle which in Hyrule Warriors is like Link's sister, maybe she could be a potential main character for a future game. Link had so many games already, there's nothing wrong in changing the protagonist once in a while. :p

5. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

I agree that a Zelda game without Link would be a little bit out of the consideration. The game might as well have Link in it's name. However, I am surprised that there isn't a spin off with Zelda as the main character being sent to save Link from the clutch's of some witch who love him!