Any good?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' started by Green, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Green

Green Member

I think i remember playing this a while back but is this any good? well worth playing i enjoy star wars games but i don't want to start downloading stuff i don't know whether i will like it do you recommend this if you do what's good about it?

2. Oakster

Oakster Well-Known Member

I think it's very good, what sets it apart from the other games is the deep storylines, and there's a different one for each class, besides the planetary ones, so there is also plenty of replayability.

3. jcairns82

jcairns82 Active Member

I have to agree with Oakster, if you're into a variety of storylines based on each class, then definitely get into this game ASAP. The only thing still lacking is team based voice chat. That'd be a great addition.

4. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I think it's worth a try if your not sure you will like the game I highly recommend you watch some gameplay videos on YouTube to get a better understanding of the game.

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Try it out, it's free! The downloading shouldn't be a problem, just let it download overnight and it's done.

6. Oakster

That would be a great addition, I've been on flashpoints with my guild and it's noticeably funner to chat on Vent or Mumble.
    Other times when I queue up alone, I often get a group that is obviously talking amongst themselves and don't even chat with me in the game.
    The addition of ingame voice chat would fix this.

7. Rowro

Rowro Active Member

If you liked KoToR or KoToR2 I'd say it's worth playing through at least once in order to see the storyline. It's a very fun game since you get a pretty decent storyline but I've noticed the higher up I get the more it seems to drag. Some of the planets you have to do are just plain boring.

Overall it's definitely worth a try though or the story alone.

8. CaptainWoodzy

CaptainWoodzy Member

There's just something that this game is lacking that makes me turned off by it. In comparison, Star Wars Galaxies felt alive, epic in scope and full. I don't know what it is, and I wish I could explain it.

9. Zlyuka

Zlyuka Well-Known Member

Just my opinion of course: it's a WoW in space with Starwars flavour, and with pretty good storyline. I didn't play much past beta so this is just my opinion based till about level 20...

Definitely still try SWTOR, it is free to play right now and is worth taking a look at.

10. Oakster

I had the same feeling before they merged servers and went F2P, mostly because I was on a very dead server.
    You should give it a try, it feels much more alive now.

11. ElectricCake

ElectricCake Member

You should try it since it's free to play. You have nothing to lose, except hard drive space if you don't like it. I honestly liked it for the amount of time I spent playing it, and it still is a good game to this day. I wouldn't recommend it to people who don't like sci-fi MMOs/games.

12. TheViper

TheViper Well-Known Member

This game was alright to some degree. It was okay to play but it wasn't really my cup of tea. You can try it out though since it is free. You never know because you might like it.

13. Rowro

Rowro Active Member

I agree but the story is a lot more immersive in SWToR. The voice acting just really helps make it interesting instead of having to read a wall of text and maybe getting the occasional cut scene. It's definitely worth picking up and at least trying it out until you hit the end of your story arch if you like any of the KOTOR games.

14. heyhowareyou

heyhowareyou Well-Known Member

I think this is by far one of the best MMOs around. I think the combat system is a bit wonky but other than that, it has a great atmosphere, great voice acting, a good story, and the Bioware decision making mechanics are always fun.

15. hydrlon

hydrlon Active Member

I think I tried it in the past, but I never really got hooked onto it, but I'd say it's a pretty good game that you should check out.

16. Oakster

I find the combat very similar to WoW which isn't as fluid as Guild Wars 2 for example but is very acceptable.
    As to the strong points, you are absolutely right, no other game does story like Old Republic does, Bioware's experience with RPG's definitely shows and makes it unique and awesome.

17. BroknKyboard

BroknKyboard Well-Known Member

It's definitely worth a shot, what I enjoy the most about it is it's several story-lines for each class. Unfortunately what this means for me is that I now have several characters and none of them are at a high level yet...