Announced for the Playstation 4.

Discussion in 'Everquest Next' started by William Quah, Jan 28, 2014.

1. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

2. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

Interesting, probably because the PS4 is more or less a mid end pc anyway and I think it runs a variation of the windows OS anyway. So it technically, should be able to work. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Personally I would rather play it on PC any day, but I guess it's great for the people that own a PS4 that are interested in the game.

4. William Quah

Yeah, agreed. MMOs need a lot of buttons and it never feels right to play MMOs on consoles. Regardless, I'm not putting off this version yet, will look at how it will actually play first.

5. gats

gats Well-Known Member
    Regular

I wonder if they will let PS4 players play with PC users, or just keep them in their own little bubble. The problem with console ports of MMO's is that the communities die out very quickly.

6. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I am sure they will keep them separate personally I don't want to play with PS4 people maybe Xbox one people.

7. Jordan989

Jordan989 Member

I'm glad to see more MMORPGs are finally coming to the consoles. I'll probably be getting Everquest Next for PS4. I don't think there are any games that allow cross-platform play with console and PC gamers together and that's fine. PC gamers tend to be hostile and unfriendly toward console gamers anyway.

8. OmarFW

OmarFW Well-Known Member
    Regular

Plenty of PC focused games like Planetside 2 have also been released on the Playstation. It usually receives the less supported version with less features. I highly doubt they are primarily developing it for PS4 considering their main demographic are PC players.

9. William Quah

I doubt it, cross platform gaming isn't a thing yet. Also, I don't dare to imagine what chaos ensues when they allow gamers from PS4, Xbox, and PC to compete against each other. It could be disastrouse lol.

10. Lodismel

Lodismel Well-Known Member

I don't think that I will be buying this for the PS4. MMOs just make so much more sense on the PC. Not saying that it will be an inferior experience, but I don't see it being better on console. Guess we'll see when it actually comes out.