Quantcast

Anniversary Edition

Discussion in 'Fable' started by Zombie Lad, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Zombie Lad

Zombie Lad Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard about the Anniversary edition? Well I heard of it some time ago and I am interested. Thing is I'm not too fond of all these HD remakes of fairly recent games. I like the idea of an HD remake for a retro game, but Fable doesn't really need it. I will still be getting it as I got rid of my copy of Fable ages ago, I know dumb! And I'm in need of a new copy and have been lazy when it comes to looking for a copy.

2. SwordHungry

SwordHungry Well-Known Member

I'm not fussed about collectors editions or special versions of games, so if I were you I'd just opt for the normal version. Like you pointed out, certain games like Fable don't really benefit from a HD remake, and you'd end up spending more money.

3. andy103

andy103 Active Member

I did hear about it! I am really curious to see what is going to be so special about it, like if they are going to add anything or if it is just going to be a rereleased HD version.

4. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

To be honest I don't pay to much attention to special editions if I already have the game just because I don't like buying a game for a second time for maybe some extra weapons and armor's.

5. John Edison

John Edison Active Member

From what I have gained, most people are kinda shrugging this one off. This is more than an "HD remake". They are doing some pretty awesome things, and they are adding in the "lost chapters" as far as I can tell. I'm actually super excited about this! The first Fable game was definitely my favorite, and I have been wanting to play the lost chapters for quite some time.

I do wonder if they are adding more content. I don't think so, but I think that might be interesting as well. Have you guys seen the comparisons yet? It's pretty interesting! Hopefully this picture uploads.

Attached Files:

6. lord1027

lord1027 Well-Known Member

I'd love to play the first game in HD. I really enjoyed the gameplay and storyline of the first game (the others were ok, just not as great as first one). Age of Empires is in HD now, and I really belive they had a good idea doing so.

7. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

For me Fable was not about the graphics, but more about good storytelling and thinking about your decisions as long as they keep those features in I will be happy.