Age when you first played Diablo?

Discussion in 'Diablo' started by Jasmine2015, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I believe Diablo 1 game out somewhere in the 1990's. How old were you when you finally decided to play this game? Or did you play the Diablo games out of order because you knew about one game but not about the others?

matheus.canuto likes this.
  2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't remember playing Diablo 1 but I started out playing the 2nd one, I think it was right as it launched, in 2000.

3. gats

gats Well-Known Member
    Regular

I first played Diablo 1 at 8 years onld and D12 at around 11 or 12.

4. EndlessTundra

EndlessTundra New Member

Hm, I believe I played Diablo 1 when I was about 13-14 in the golden age of Battlenet through a dial-up modem. :p I didn't really play Diablo 2 until many many years after it came out, I think I was maybe 19.

5. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have many nostalgic memories of playing Diablo on Ps1 and loving the heck out of it until someone broke my disc. When Diablo 2 came out though, the addiction level hit an all time high and I haven't stopped playing to this day. Currently trying to get into Diablo 3 but it just isn't the same.

6. p4lse

p4lse Active Member
    Regular

I got my hands on Diablo when I was 12 years old. So, exactly 10 years back! The first months of playing the game was simply amazing. I would find myself playing for hours and hours and still not get bored.

7. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

I played Diablo 2, but never the first one. I played it quite late anyway, around 2005. And we're soon in 2016 by the way! How time passes.

8. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member
    Regular

I played the first Diablo in my early teens (13 or 14, maybe?), though I didn't get into it that much. I'm pretty sure my brother bought it and I played it on his computer a few times. Never got much further than the Butcher, and he was pretty close to the beginning of the game.

Started playing it more after I'd sunk my teeth into Diablo II and began playing with friends. That got me stuck on a Diablo kick for at least a year before I got sick of both games and moved on to StarCraft.

9. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

D2 was later in life unfortunately- I was way too enraptured by the JRPG era to give much thought to anything else. It wasn't until late high school/college that I shifted gears to do more PC gaming. Tried D3 and just meh, couldn't get into it- I went to Torchlight 1 & 2 to get my fix.

10. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think I was around 11-12. It was Diablo II, I believe. I didn't like it back then, I preferred games like GTA back then. Only when I was older, like 17-18, I went back and decided to give Diablo a shot and it was worth it. I'm probably the only person in the world that prefers Diablo III though.

11. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

I came into it kinda late. I was 19 when my then-boyfriend/now-husband introduced me to Diablo on his Playstation-- the original one. :p So....1999?

12. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

Nah, not the only one. I like Diablo III, the graphics are way superior. I admit to being underwhelmed initially, but that was just with the starter edition, through Act IV-- I bought the expansion, and I'm loving what is in act V so far!!

13. SimiWolfie

SimiWolfie Active Member
    Regular

I grew up with these games. My father had Diablo 1, and Diablo 2 with the Lord of Destruction expansion.
    I believe I was about 6 when I first sat on his knee, and he walked me through how to play Diablo. It took nearly a year, but I beat it. After that, I breezed through Diablo 2. Of course, my dad helped a lot, but even so, I loved playing both games. I still do!

14. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh, what a tricky question :D... But let me see: I think I started at age 16 (but I'm not sure about it :(). However, I'm pretty sure that I played too much Diablo. :p

15. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Active Member
    Regular

I actually tried out Diablo 2 for the first time last year. With my friends. There were five of us and two of them were hardcore Diablo players. They wanted us to try it out in multiplayer. So we did, but I lost interest pretty quick. Since they knew what should be done, we were just following their orders and it was not that fun at all. But I think it could be, when played properly.

16. matheus.canuto

matheus.canuto New Member

I started play Diablo 2 at age 14 and today, at age 26, I still play Diablo sometimes, because this game brings me good memories and is amazing!

My friends play Diablo until today too :)

17. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I started playing around at 18 it was very cool

18. Heather Richardson

Regular

Can't remember but D2 was my first, probably around 14 or 15. That's the earliest time I can remember playing it lol