ADC Lulu | Thoughts and ideas?

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by devonbomer, May 27, 2015.

?

Is ADC Lulu viable?

Poll closed Jun 3, 2015.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  3. IDK

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. devonbomer

devonbomer Active Member

I find myself constantly playing ADC Lulu, and it's more about the freedom of playing such an off-meta and dealing a fair amount of damage. I love ADC Lulu, but others disagree, saying that it's not viable and hard to scale late game. I always go positive at around 20 kills to 5-8 deaths. It's not the best, but getting fed with Lulu is easy! (Not to mention the kite!) I consider her an adc with a lot of utility...

So what do you think about ADC Lulu? Have you tried it / would you try it?

2. AlexKabam

AlexKabam Member
    Regular

It is alright as a top laner, but bot lane you just lack the late game scaling in your kit. I understand how you can get fed if you trade well and snowball that, but being that good at proper ADCs is just more worth it. For example if you want a utility ADC, pick Ashe, you will still have a lot of utility in your kit but will also be able to hard carry due to scaling mechanics like Ashe's passive and Q.

3. sheggy6

sheggy6 Member

The problem with Lulu ADC is as stated above me. You're better off as a support or top lane with Lulu, since you can help yourself or others more that way.
    I've seen Lulu ADC work surprisingly well, but if it came down to it, she simply lacks any sort of reset/hard carry aspect to her.

4. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

Your abilities just won't work. Especially the ultimate. No escape, no AD abilities. My opinion is that you shouldn't go for it whatsoever.

5. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

I used to do it. Maybe her abilities don't work very well, but it's pretty funny to try. It's not the strongest, but again, it is fun to play.

6. Darce

Darce Well-Known Member

I agree that ADC Lulu should not be used, but not for this reason. Every single thing about her kit is focused towards protecting/kiting, so she has plenty of 'escapes'.
    I do agree with the lack of AD abilities. Every 'legit' ADC has some sort of AD scaling on their abilities, which makes or breaks their laning phase/mid game/late game power levels.
    On top of that, take a look at Lulu's base stats. I'll compare them to other ADCs just to provide you a specific example:
    | AD | AD/lvl | AS | AS/lvl
    Lulu | 46 | +2.6 | 0.625 | +2.25%
    Lucian | 52 | +3 | 0.638 | +3.3%
    Ashe* | 51 | +2.85 | 0.658 | +3.4%
    Draven | 50 | +3.5 | 0.679 | +2.7%
    Kalista | 58 | +3.5 | 0.658 | +3.3%

*Ashe is a utility-focused ADC, so her stats may be a bit bad compared to other ADCs.

As you can see, even the weakest scaling ADC (except Ezreal, who has a lot of ways to make up for the underwhelming base stats) have WAY better base stats than Lulu to fill at AD Carry. And that's why she's not picked :)

7. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

I love playing AD irregular champs in ARAMs or DOMS, but in SRs unless you're with a full five of friends who are all trollsy picking or don't give a damn - play the champion normally.

I hate seeing my Lulu as a random go AD and flop, but dominate early. They just plateau around 14-16ish, and then get considerably worse. So anything under that, requires stealing creep score/kills from the actual ADC or others who could use it more. Not to say it isn't fun; she's hellafun AD, like most irregulars. But only play them with friends and leave the trolling to teams.

8. Skuttie

Skuttie Well-Known Member
    Regular

It could work, it used to work really well before her on hit nerfs.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Meh, I think it's a good thing to play it for fun but I think ADC Lulu is outshined by the strongest ones at the moment like Kalista, Jinx and so on.

10. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

It's fun to play non-meta carries and see people run from them, that much is true. However, it's not really feasible unless you let your team know ahead of time and they can build around it, or you may put them at a disadvantage when they expect a support and suddenly, no ap scaling and your abilities wear off or don't do anything. Then usually, it'll spiral out of control into flames or rage unless they're performing admirably.

11. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

Given the current meta, ADC Lulu doesn't work at all. But the old meta, meh, probably a bit, but it would have still been outshone by ADCs such as Vayne, for example.

12. Astdua

Astdua Well-Known Member
    Regular

The funny thing to me is that everything can be more or less viable. There was some guy in Master tier known for playing only stuff like AP Gnar only, and I've been destroyed by unusual teamcomps like AD Janna mid, all in ranked too.
    The fact that it can be made to work isn't the same as being optimal for winning though.

13. Belovedad

Belovedad Well-Known Member
    Regular

ADC Lulu? Interesting. My thought? Don't do it. Please. Unless you're a 5 man premade.

14. Teemo

Teemo Well-Known Member
    Regular

For the lulz it can work, it's very funny aswell. With enough attack speed lulu's pixie is a sight to watch. Alas I don't see it carrying games, but if you have carries in other lanes, it can be a super duper annoying and boring farm lane with a passive support aswell, and you can provide your utility i guess in teamfights. But as others mentioned you would be better off player lulu in everyother role except ADC.

15. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've been finding that he's better as support or top lane. He's just better suited for those ares for Lulu. I would suggest not even doing it. I think there are better options.

16. TryHard

TryHard Active Member
    Regular

I take viable to mean that its good enough to play in ranked. I'd never take this into a ranked match.

It IS on the other hand something that you can make work. It's better as a top lane thing, but an on-hit lulu build does work. It's pretty fun as well.

17. JusApee

JusApee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Lulu as an ADC? Been there, done that. She's not your best choice if you want to go for something new. However, she deals pretty much damage with her basic attacks once you get Botrk, IE and Statik Shiv. Also, never forget about Nashor's Tooth. It's REAALLYYY worth. Also, who said that Lulu's abilities are not fit? Seriously. You may not deal damage with your Q or E, but who needs that? You still have a shield, an annoying as hell slow and movement speed buff, polymorph and knockup. So, who needs ap?

18. Gombafej

Gombafej Member
    Regular

Machine gun lulu, best lulu :D

Not really. It's kind of fun to try in normals, but I wouldn't take it to ranked because it doesn't really work. Even AP lulu can't compete with other mids as she used to. too much nerfs :(